One: I'm Going To Need A Bigger Basket

Are you the sun? Because your smile lights up my world.

Hannah blinked down at the newest Post-it note, a hint of a smile on her face and a blush creeping up her neck.

"Is that another one?"

Hannah nodded, running a finger over the message. She gently folded the paper in half before turning back to her locker. She stuck the note into the basket stuck to the side - a basket that was overflowing with sticky notes just like that one - and grabbed her textbooks.

"That's, what? The sixteenth?"

Hannah nodded, running her long fingers through her brunette curls to hide from her friend.

"A-are you blushing?"

Hannah bit her lip and turned away from the other girl. "Of course not."

"Don't lie. I'm your best friend, Han. I know when you're lying."

Hannah sighed and faced the blonde, eyes downcast in embarrassment.

"Have you figured out who it is yet?"

Hannah shook her head. "N-no. And no one sees anything. It's like they just... appear."

"Hmm." The girl crossed her tan arms and thought. "Well it's obviously someone who knows your schedule and where you sit in all your classes because you've found one stuck to all your desks."

Hannah nodded again. "But I've already looked for someone who's in all my classes. No one's in the same one more than three times, Mina."

She sighed and shook her head. Hannah pooched her lips to the side as her friend shrugged. "I don't know. You've tried analyzing the handwriting?"

"What?"

Mina furrowed her brow and pinched the bridge of her nose. "Han, you're not very good at this."

"Hey, it's not like they're making it very easy! They leave no evidence. Ever. None. Nada. Zip. Zer-"

"Okay, I get it! Jeez..."

Mina shut her own locker and gestured for Hannah to follow. The latter pushed her locker door closed and trailed after, textbook in her arms. They navigated the halls, winding through the maze to their first class. Mina held open the door and Hannah slipped inside. The two girls sat near the back, like always.

"Have you asked your teachers?"

"They were the first people I asked. They all didn't know. It's like this person is invisible."

"That's impossible. Maybe we can go to the security guard and see if he'll look at video footage for us. That note wasn't on your locker yesterday, right?"

Hannah shook her head. "No, but it's possible they waited until they were sure I left the school."

"The cameras still would've caught them."

Hannah sighed and rested her chin on her desk. She glanced at her friend through her peripherals. "Maybe we should just stop trying. They're not doing any harm and it's obvious they want to stay anonymous."

"Are you serious? And miss the opportunity to find out who your secret admirer is?"

Hannah merely shrugged. She wished the bell would ring and force the conversation to a close. It wasn't like she didn't want to find out who was leaving her those notes everyday, but she was beginning to see just how hopeless it was. The person was clever and never left a trail.

"Fine. It's your S-A. But that doesn't mean I'm not still curious. And I'm still going to be on the lookout."

Hannah rolled her hazel eyes, but was glad that Mina was willing to back off.

When the bell finally rang, Hannah sat up and opened her textbook. Almost instantly, her eyes were drawn to the hot pink sticky note on the inside cover.

"Is that another one? It's only first period and you've gotten three!" Mina leaned over to read the message, her blue eyes wide.

Are your eyes a maze? Because I could get lost in them.

Hannah bit her lip and pulled the note off the book. She folded it, much like she had the one before, and stuffed it in her bag. She was flattered, really, but it was starting to get ridiculous. How did the culprit even manage to get it in her book? It had only ever been in her locker or bag. And when it wasn't, it was open and sitting right in front of her. There was no possible way they could get access to it.

She couldn't stop the grin that spread across her face, however, when she mentally tallied all the notes she'd gotten over the course of a week.

The first one she'd found had been stuck to the front of her locker. She'd marked it off as a random gesture of kindness or some highschooler trying to be funny and/or cute.

And then she'd found the second one stuck to the front of her first period chair. She'd thought it was a coincidence and ignored it.

It wasn't until the third one - stuck to her fourth hour desk - that she started to get suspicious.
By the sixth note (she'd found it on her algebra binder), even Mina was convinced that it was no coincidence. The notes had just kept coming, though, and Hannah had even gotten used to it.

"Five bucks says you find three more by lunch," Mina piped up from beside her.

Hannah grinned and rolled her eyes. "You're on."

><><

"Did I call it or did I call it?" Mina beamed, proud, as Hannah grabbed the note sticking on the cafeteria door.

The latter didn't bother arguing as she glanced over the newest one.

Are you a fan? Because you blow me away.

"Man, it's like they're never going to run out of material," Mina mused as Hannah put it away.

"They'll have to at some point. I don't think even you could go on forever."

Mina grinned as the two sat at their usual booth. "As clever as I am, I can't argue there."

Hannah laughed and unzipped her bag to grab her lunch. She gasped as a green note stuck out from the paper bag.

"That's like five today, Han!"

Are you a library book? Because I want to check you out.

Hannah pinked at that, ignoring the snickering coming from her friend. "I'm going to need a bigger basket."

><><

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed chapter one of Project Post-It Note! Don't hesitate to leave a comment or a vote. I don't bite and I enjoy reading them!

~ Anna