The Girl within the woods

Chapter 6

For the next five days I had stayed clear of Braxton and even the Forrest floor, keeping to the trees and hiding.

I had seen him once since our naked waterfall episode and I had made sure he hasn't seen me but I knew he smelt me and I could see his angry and feel his rage from the height of the trees.

It pained me to see him that way but I wanted him and I to get used to the fact that sometimes I won't always be in reach and he won't always find me, just like I won't always find him.

I now stood my arms leaning on the wooden fence and I was over looking the Forrest, watching the birds fly on top and make their nest while others fed their babies.

I remember my mother being so happy when my father returned, you used to sit on the rocketing chair and knit or sing or do anything to keep her mind off him. Why did I have to want and need an alpha? even a human man would be better at least he could drop his life and live with me.

a part of me wanted Braxton here, someone to come home to and make love to and sometimes I even wondered what would happen if we had children living here.

But Braxton as odd and wise and mysterious himself was, liked the normal and werewolf life he lived, living up here and hiding would be torture for someone like him. I saw the sun was setting turning the sky pink and different colours of blue and the air was warm but also something in the air was wrong tonight.

Something terrible was going to happen tonight, even the forest knew that.

I was hunting on the Forrest floor like always there wasn't a werewolf or human in view, I was perfectly fine by that. I touch the mud, I grabbed a handful of dirt and let it fall between my finger tips, it was rather dry With no insects inside or even boys of leaves.

I didn't like the feel of the forest today something was off, I needed to know what was wrong but I couldn't figure it out. I was getting frustrated and nerves and angry my mother would know and then my father would sort it.

That's how it used to work now it was just me, what could I do? I could work within the forest but when people came I had to leave? I never had much time to do anything.

Suddenly just like that the forest tested me, a pregnant deer jump from the bushes then with a mountain loin hugged to her back trying to take her down.

I grabbed my bow from my back and then an arrow, I aimed it right for the lion hitting it right in the back leg. The deer panicked and kicked it back legs out, kicking the lion off but the deer had fallen it self I leaped over to them, getting in the deer way when the lion jumped. We wrestled to the floor it clawing and biting me but I used my now and hit it in the face a few times.

I was taken back by the loud cry that came from the deer then, the sound of a mother crying out for her baby. I panicked and cry out as I watched the male lion try and ripped his teeth into my throat.

This is the end. oh well I lived a good life, I can't wait to see mother and flaps again. With that last thought I felt my own arms and legs relax, feeling the lion weight almost crush me.

I heard a deadly and dangerous growl coming even the lion froze, we both gazed over the bushes almost covering us.

That's when my large black wolf jumped out, pushing the lion off me and fighting it off but I didn't wanna watch, I crawled right over to the deer and she was breathing heavily and shaking her back legs hard.

Oh god she's giving birth.

I looked at Braxton wolf in shock, he was barking off the lion when he turned to me he looked very smug but mad when he saw the cuts on my body.