French Quarter

-Caroline's POV-

I opened my eyes "Klaus where am I? Why are you here?" I looked at him, having so many questions. "Nice to see you to love" he smirked at me, I looked over to see Joe lying down on the ground "what did you do?" I looked at him, as I started to get up off the floor.

I walked over to Joe "don't worry love, she's still alive" I let out a sigh "why did you take us?" I questioned him, but he didn't respond "Klaus!?! Why Did You Take Us!?!" I asked him still with confusion in my voice.

-Klaus's POV-

Caroline probably thinks that I took her and Joe to harm them, but I didn't or at least I don't think I did. Caroline took me away from thoughts by shouting at me "KLAUS!?!" I looked at her "thought you might want to see me and my city" she scoffed

"Your city? Its everyone's city Klaus" she shook her head, Joe started coughing, Caroline went to her side and got her to sit up against the wall "Joe are you okay?" she asked panicked, she nodded and continued coughing.

Joe didn't look too well; I wonder what was wrong with her. I heard Damon telling Elena but he didn't say anything was wrong.

-Damon's POV-

We had been driving for six hours "Is Joe okay?" Stefan asked me, but I just nodded as we could finally see the lights of the New Orleans in the distance. We braced ourselves for a fight to get Caroline and Joe back from Klaus.

We got close to French Quarter and got out of the car and walked towards it "So nice of you boys to join us" Klaus stood in the middle of the quarter, his hands in the air with a smirk on his face.

Stefan walked ahead "where is she?" shoving Klaus "WHERE IS SHE!?!" he shoved him again but still no reply "Stefan, Stefan" he shook his head smiling "you never learn" he threw Stefan into the wall "you know he won't be much use as a human Damon" he smirked 

I became confused "human? Stefan isn't human!" I looked at Klaus, he smirked "I'm not going to fight you two on getting them back" he stood to the side to reveal the girls "go ahead Stefan" he smiled, stepping back allowing Stefan to walk  towards Caroline.

Stefan walked straight past him, but then staggered backwards "NOOOO, STEFAN!!!!" Caroline screamed as Stefan managed to turn to me. He had a knife in his side, blood was pouring out, as he fell to his knees "stef..." I whispered, I couldn't manage to get any words out; this couldn't be possible he couldn't be human. 

Klaus looked at me "not much use now is he?" I sped forward to catch Stefan before he fell onto the floor "why didn't you tell me?" I looked at him "I didn't get a chance" he shrugged as his breathing began to deepen. I was in so much shock I couldn't think of any way to save him.