Comfort

First story! WOO HOO!!!!

ErrorInk is a 'meh' ship for me since I ship some others with Ink and 7 others with Error (lolz) but I did enjoy writing this! Also, a bit of hinted ship with Error here. Hope you don't mind, @midnight-diary!

Also, warnings for character death at the beginning.

——————————

Nightmare chuckled darkly as he wraps one of his tentacles around Ink's neck and raises him in the air of the anti-void.

Ink is clawing at it, goo covering his hands and shoulders. Error can't do anything but watch.

"Let him go!" Error shouted at Nightmare. Why is he doing this?

"Wow. Now you care for this garbage of a creator?" The tentacle tightened its grip, making Ink shreek in excruciating pain. "I thought you hated him."

"What do you want from me?!" Error's glitched voice shouted. His glitches are getting worse because of nervousness and worry for the colorful skeleton.

Nightmare only grinned. "Too late."

The tentacle tightened it's grip on Ink's neck again, completely cutting his air. Tears fell from the artist's eyes, looking at Error with such longing before going limp.

"Three years too late."

Slowly, Ink turned to dust, Error not able to do anything.

~~~~~~~~~~

"INK!!! NO!!!" Error woke up from the nightmare, screaming his non-existent lungs out. He gasped for air, sweat dripping down his skull. He looked to his side and saw the person he is looking for.

(A/N: Heh. Did you think I'd kill Ink? I'm not that cruel, guys! ..... Or am I?)

Ink was next to him, sleeping soundly. His chest is rising up and down to show that he is breathing. Somehow, he remained asleep despite his screaming.

Error gave a sigh of relief. He really thought Nightmare killed him. He pat Ink's head, watching him sleep peacefully.

Even if he wanted to sleep, he can't. Adrenaline is still rushing through him. He sighed and left the comfort of their bed, walking to their balcony to gaze at the moonlight.

He stood there for minutes, maybe hours? Until a pair of arms wrapped themselves around his mid torso.

Error jolted, almost summoning his strings and capture that person by the neck, only to find out that it's Ink.

"Ink? What are you doing awake?" He asked his partner.

"I dunno. What are you doing awake?" Ink returned the question. Error paused and actually thought about it. He sighed and let Ink rest his head on his shoulder.

"Just a nightmare." He answered.

"Well, I woke up and you were missing so I looked for you." Ink nuzzled the back of his neck. "What kind of nightmare did he give you now?"

It took a few moments before Error answered.

"He killed you."

An awkward silence passed by. Ink hugged Error tighter.

"That was just a nightmare." He reassured. "And probably not one he gave you. Besides...."

He let go of Error and turned him, so they could face each other. "Nightmare's getting married to Cross next week. Do you really think he still has the grudge on you for breaking up with him?"

Error had a few minutes to think and shook his head.

Ink smiled and hugged him again. "Let's go to sleep, honey."

Error smiled and nodded. "Of course, Inky."

They walked back to their room, hand in hand.

Neither had nightmares that night.

——————————

Keep dem requests coming, guys!