Chapter 1

Kenma's POV

"oy! kenma!" kuroo called. he did this every day, i would be walking to school, and kuroo would call for me. not that it bothered me, it's been like this since primary school.

it had been right before winter break (a/n i don't know what kinda breaks they have in japan, just go with it) so, obviously, it was freezing. it was about a kilometer walk to nekoma high, my and kuroo's school.

"so me and bokuto went to the mall yesterday, and there was this toy store, and i saw this cat plush, and it reminded me of you!" kuroo practically screamed. "please tell me you didn't buy it, kuroo." "uhh, yeah i did." "how does a cat remind me of you?" i questioned. "uh, i don't know, don't queSTion mEe" "ok, i won't" i replied.

magical time skip brought to you by bokuto' biceps

"kenma!" kuroo called as i tossed the volleyball to him. he smacked down the ball down hard. "nice, kuroo-san, kenma-san!" lev yelled. i was getting tired, we were doing simple drills, one player serves to the setter, the setter tosses to the spiker, and then the spikers, well, they spike, and then spikers rotate through a cycle, repeat. we had gone through maybe two cycles, but then coach nekomata called the team's attention. "okay boys, this is kind of sudden, but in three hours, karasuno is coming over for a practice match." this excited everyone, i mean, karasuno and nekoma supposed destined rivals.

wow another time skip because i'm lazy

we were doing a 3 on 3, lev, yamamoto, and i on one team, and yaku, kuroo, and fukunaga on the opposing team, when we heard the gym door open, and "thank you for having us!" i looked to the door and saw the group of crows.  everyone started talking with another, tanka to yamamoto, with that one short, spiky-haired one joining in, kuroo and tsukishima, and by that i mean kuroo grabbed tsukishima, and started blabbering to him. suga and yaku talked, and of course shoyou came and started talking to me. before everyone could get really into their conversations, coach nekomata and coach ukai announce that it's time to start the game.

eyy wow another time skip i should jump off a cliff

kuroo and i were walking home from practice, as usual, and it was pitch dark outside.

i stopped, a second later kuroo stopped with me. "what's wrong?" he asked.  something didn't seem right, but i didn't want to bother kuroo, so i just replied with "nothing."
for the rest of the walk home i felt extremely uneasy, but tried to push it away as me being paranoid. i said my goodbyes to kuroo, and got to my house 5 minutes later.

i reluctantly went inside, mad scurried up to my room without getting any food, i got into my room, locked my door, proceeded to take a shower get into some boxers and a tshirt, and brushed my teeth. i settled into bed, and started dozing off, but then my dad started banging on my door