Chapter 22

"Adamaris," I utter.

"Yes?," she turns around a baffled expression plastered on her face by my presence.

"I-I"

"I know," she calmly smiles.

"Please tell me I'm wrong. I'm just late," I murmur.

"Test yourself," Adamaris responds handing me a pregnancy test.

"How did you get this?," I furrow my brows.

"You know I see future events Athena just like I saw your mate coming," she reminds me.

"Wait, you saw Lysias coming and you didn't tell me?," I grumble.

"Like you would of listened," she shakes her head.

"True, things are happening so fast Adamaris. I barely got used to the idea of my mate and now possibly this," I heavily sigh.

"It's a part of life dear now go on and test yourself," she softly says. I do as she says nervously walking into the bathroom. My hands are trembling as I do what I have to do. The thought of possibly being pregnant terrifies me to the core. I never thought of having children of my own. Thee idea has never crossed my mind. Five minutes has passed by and I'm still leaning against the wall of the bathroom too scared to glance at the test that holds my result.

"Fuck this I can't," I mutter under my breathe looking away grabbing the test bursting out of the bathroom and straight to Adamaris. I hand the stick to her sitting on a chair near the counter. Adamaris takes a look at the test. A huge smile plastered on her face as she looks at me.

"Here you must look at it yourself," she insists placing the test down on the counter sliding it over to me.

"I can't," I mumble scared out of my mind.

"Athena, after all you've faced and being the goddess of fire. You can't possibly be scared of this little pregnancy test," Adamaris shakes her head playfully.

"Well this is horrifying," I spat fidgeting with my fingers.

"I'm not going to tell you so look," Adamaris sternly says. Curiosity taking over my body I abruptly grab the pregnancy test finding the power within me to glance over it.

 Curiosity taking over my body I abruptly grab the pregnancy test finding the power within me to glance over it