Unknown Number

The house was quiet. The only sound I heard was the sound of the AC turning on every few minutes.

My dog was chewing his rubber shoe. The cat layed sleeping on my window sill, feeling the warmth of the sun. I scrolled through the posts people made on Twitter, looking for something interesting. Or funny.

I liked a few fanarts people had drawn. Now I'm bored.

Mom was away at work and it was summer vacation for me. Its hot and boring. I decided to go turn the AC up to get some air flowing. When I reached that point in the hallway, the house phone started ringing.

I went down just to see who it was. It was a number I didnt recognize so I answered and said they had the wrong number. As soon add I was about to walk awayit rang again. When I answered to say it again I heard a rally voice with heavy breathing.

"Bree......" Said the voice."Justin, this isn't funny. I'm not even supposed to answer the phone. You're jokes are old." I smiled.

"..."

"What number is this anyway? This isn't your phone number? Did you change it?" I asked.

"Bree......"

"Justin, be normal for five minutes. I'm serious."

Then I heard beeping. He hung up."Tch. Weirdo." I scored and hung up the phone. I decided to grab something to eat and watch Tv.

An hour later, the phone rang again. I decided not to answer. However, it kept ringing ang ringing. I got annoyed at the sound and answered.

"Whoever this is, Justin or not, stop calling this phone!!!" I exclaimed.

"Bree...I will...find you..." Said the raspy voice.

"Justin, I hope you break your ankles."

"Bree...-"

Before he could finish, I hung up the phone. But it rung again."WHAT?!"

"Excuse you young lady?!"

"Oh. Mom. Sorry...the phone keeps ringing. Its annoying me."

"Well check the caller ID before you yell into the phone. You haven't answered it, have you?"

"Only to tell them it's the wrong number. Actually I think Justin is trying to prank me."

"Whatever you do, do NOT answer the phone off its not me."

"Is it that serious?"

"Dont ask questions. Just don't answer. I'll be home in two hours. Love you."

She hung up. I sighed and returned to the Tv. Suddenly the power went out. Everything in the house that was plugged into a wall had just shut down.

I went from calm bank to angry. This made no sense. It was dark out but no clouds. There was no rain or thunder. This made no sense.

At least the phone won't ring anymore, I thought. Suddenly, the phone did ring. This is weird now. How is this possible? All the power is out.

The phone continued to ring. It was that number again."Its not Justin. It cant be. This isn't even real. Im dreaming. I'm gonna Go to my room and go to sleep. Weekend I wake up mom will be home and this will be over." I told myself. I went up to my room and got under the covers.

The phone was still ringing. It sounded like the ringing was getting closer. I closed my eyes.

I felt a cold breeze on my nose. When I opened my eyes I saw the phone beside me covered with a red substance. The smell was like iron and was strong.

This cant be...blood could it? But who's? I sat up and saw both my cat and dog on yhe floor bleeding. They werent moving. They...were dead.

"This isnt happening. This is not real. MOMMY!!!" I screamed. I got out of bed and tan downstairs. I ran out the door, hoping to find someone who could help.

I didnt bother looking back. I was too scared.

Two Hours Later

Mom's P.O.V

I finally pulled up to the driveway. I settled down inside the house and called for Bree.

"Bree! What some dinner? I know im a bit late but i brought some pizza if youre hungry!" I said, expecting to hear her come downstairs. But i hears nothing. I wwnt up tp her room, expecting to see her sleeping with her phone in her hand. But what i saw was nowhere close.

She was pinned to the wall with a wire around her neck. Her eyes were open