Chapter 01

Alexis pov

Here we go again, another family. I don't understand why they keep bothering to send me to them if they only have me for a couple years. Oh well.

I watched from the aeroplane window as we arrived in America. Oh wait, did I forget to mention I'm from London, and my new foster family is from California, USA?

I hopped off the plane with all the other people and followed them to the baggage claim where I waited for my suitcase. I waited around five minutes before I found my luggage and travelled to the pick up section, where my foster parents will be waiting to pick me up.

As soon as I reached the section I almost immediately spotted my name being held on a sign by a kind looking man and women.

I walked over to them and held my hand out introducing myself in a shy, quiet voice, " Hi. I'm Alexis, and you are?".

Just as I finished my sentence I was pulled into a bone crushing hug by the couple. I awkwardly patted their backs unsure of what to do.

After a few minutes they pulled back and the man spoke up, "We're so glad you're here. We've always wanted a child of our own and haven't been able to have one" he started in a grateful and overjoyed voice.

The women continued, " Yes. We're so overjoyed to have you with us", she said in a happy voice.

I looked at them for a minute taking in what they just said and replied in a soft voice with a smile, "Well I'm happy to be here".

The woman smiled a relieved smile as the man spoke, " So our names are Mason and Melissa but if your comfortable with it can you call us mom and dad" with a hopeful glint in his eyes.

I beamed up at them as I replied in a cheery voice, " Sure dad".

After our moment in the airport mom and dad showed me to the car and loaded in my suitcase. We then got into the car and set off to my new home. On the drive we buried ourselves in mindless chatter until we finally arrived 'home'.

When we got inside I busied myself with unpacking my suitcase since the rest of my stuff will arrive tomorrow in the post. After an hour of organising I took a shower in my master bathroom and washed my hair thoroughly. I then got out and quickly towel dried myself and my hair changing into a pair of booty shorts and a tank top before combing my hair into French plaits.

After doing my after shower routine I went downstairs to see that dinners ready and sat down at the dinner table.

"hey dad, mom", I said in a cheery voice.

"hey 'Hun" dad started with an equally cheery voice "how are you settling in"

"good, I love my room and I've had a shower and hair wash", I said in a grateful and accomplished voice.

"that's good sweetie and I just thought I'd let you know your starting school tomorrow so make sure your ready by 08:30 for school because we have a surprise for you", mom stated sweetly with a grin.

"okay mom", I agreed.

Mom had made steak and chips for dinner and it was delicious. Throughout dinner we made light chatter ranging from favourite colour to hopes and dreams but before we knew it dinner was over and it was almost 9:30pm.

I said my goodnights and headed to bed and sat reading on Wattpad for 30minutes before deciding that I should probably sleep.

As I laid in my bed I thought of my new life here and what has changed and thought maybe, just maybe, this could be good and they won't get rid of me.

•••••••

Hope you guys likes this chapter let me know what you think

COMMENT

VOTE

SHARE

I will update with two chapters when I get 2 votes on the odd numbered chapters e.g. 01,03, etc. when 2 votes for this chapter are up I will post chapters 03 & 04 because I don't want to write a story no one will read.

-Milliexx

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED