7a- the beginning to an a jerk

Can I just start with a thank you for 1k reads, honestly couldn't believe it when I saw! Any how spilt this chapter into two as I'm mean and its not finished despite the past three days of writing it. (Plus its at 4000 words so halfing it makes senseand therefore its not proof read) Also don't forget to vote and comment means a lot x

Ashtons pov (you lucky lot)

A few weeks had passed since the meeting. Most things had been going swimmingly as some may put it. I had to disagree. Since my dad had decided to drop some rather ludicrous news on me. Since I was no longer going to have a mating with Calum, both sets of parents/ alphas had come to the agreement that true mates were important and that it did mean that if Calum joined our pack there was an alliance. I didn't exactly see how it made it better but since I hadn't been thrilled with the decision in the first place I could complain. My mind began to mull over what had happened about a week ago. I had gotten back from a shift at dads law attorney. He was making me work from the bottom up and so far I was his PA. I wasn't thrilled about this either but I wasn't going to argue. Arguing with him gets you no were. It just gets you punished. Something I had learnt from an early age.

As I step through the door I noticed a different smell in the kitchen. It was a smell I was use to but some that wasn't often around. "Ashton if that you please can you come in to the kitchen" my dads voice boomed through the empty house. He forgot to use his indoor voice from time to time and unless mum was around to remind him. Something that no longer happened. I debated ignoring him and pretending to be Calum but even I knew that would futile. Making my way into the kitchen I dropped my briefcase of at the foot of the stairs. "Hello Mr and Mrs Hemmings" I went greeting Luke's parents.

It was strange to see them here. They were in Erics tribe, Red moon, so I was taken back to see them in our kitchen. Sure they are in between acquaintances and friends but unless you were at a meeting you didn't tend to see them. You could call them an ally to be more specific. "Hello Ashton" Lukes mum replied. I felt somewhat guilty that I couldn't remember her name. "Please son, take a seat" my father motioned to the chair beside him. I knew something was about to go down and whatever it might be was most likely going to be something I would disagree with. I pulled the empty chair out before sitting on it. Both the Hemmings had expectant smiles on their faces and I felt unsure what to make of them.

"Ashton as you know since we discovered that Michael and Calum are true mates both Mr Clifford and myself have decided it would be best for Calum to join his pack instead" my dad began, "therefore we have come to the conclusion that to unite the packs that we do need to have some sort of mating. We both had a long discussion it was suggest that the Hemming's son was soon to be of age and that he would make a suitable mate for you. It clear that he is not going to be of alpha blood making him a suitable match for you". I could barely believe what he was saying. My blood seems to run cold while my stomach churned.

Luke wasn't unattractive, he was far from it but I had always wanted what Michael had gotten. A true mate. Something I had longed for and been promised to have a chance to find. I was twenty-one which meant I still had four years to attempt to find the one truly meant for me. For a minute I couldn't even form words. "You're kidding me right, I thought we had an agreement" I spluttered out my confusion turning into anger. The Hemmings seem quite taken back but I honestly couldn't care less. "Ashton, this benefits both tribes give us a chance to become one of the most power tribes in history. This alliance will make ground breaking history between the two tribes. But in order to do this there had to be compromise. You should be thankfully that we managed to find such a perfect match for you" My father's eyes had narrowed and I so badly had wanted to challenge him.