Chapter 38. I Know What Happened

Though, there is one thing that the blond boy did not know. His friend Crabbe had been forced to watch Harry and him by Lucius. Lucius had given Crabbe an invisibility cloak, that he had obtained by the dark forces, so he could spy on his son. Crabbe never had bad intentions and did not want to get Draco in trouble but he was easily influenceable. Lucius knew he would easily be able to crack Crabbe. So, he threatened to hurt his loved ones if he lied or did not do his mission.

The day was old when Crabbe went to Malfoy Manor to reveal what he had just seen. The blond man was furious and thanked Crabbe for his truthfulness as he pushed him out of the door roughly. Lucius quickly wrote a letter pretending to be Narcissa and sent it to Minerva stating that Draco needed to come home immediately. So, Minerva went to the Slytherin student and brought him to her office so he could apparate home.

The young Draco Malfoy stood in front of Malfoy Manor as fear began to take over him again. He swallowed as he tried to conceal his happiness before walking in. He did not want his father to notice anything odd, but before he could take another moment to breathe the door opened as Lucius stood on the other side. Lucius pretended everything was okay and even smiled before the door shut.

"Come with me son; I need to show you something!" Lucius said. Draco was worried but he tried to keep a clear mind and not show emotion. He could not let his father know he saw Harry again... Lucius brought Draco down dark corridors with hundreds of frames and paintings until they finally reached a small room at the end of the hall. The room was very tiny and was dedicated to one thing, to one painting... it was a gray dark room and only had one small lantern that pointed directly down on the frame. In the frame was a beautifully drawn portrait of a man that was born in the 11th century, he had a long platinum beard and seemed very muscular... It was Salazar Slytherin... Lucius looked up at the portrait and smiled.

"Here before lays a portrait of one of the most powerful men in the whole world. He was strong and devoted.", "He was a great man!" Lucius stated while looking at his son. "And I have always wanted to tell you, you will never be like him!" the man said as his voice cut like a blade. "You are disgusting! I made Crabbe follow you, I know what happened. It is a disgrace to call you my son!" Lucius said as his eyes turned to stone and he felt his abusive side unravel...