Chapter 13

Emma, please text me back.

I need to talk to you

Call me

I can explain, please answer me.

Emma...

It's been three days since the news and Emma hasn't dared to respond back to him. She didn't know if to trust him or not. Her heart told her one thing and then her head was telling her another. Text message after phone call came into her phone. Many times she has come to the conclusion of just blocking him and forget about him little by little, but her heart wouldn't let her. At the end Emma decided to responded: 

Please leave me alone, live your life and I will mine. I wish you all the best.

-Emma

Not even a minute has passed when Josh texted her. 

No, it's not what you think. I need to tell you something face to face. I am flying to Texas. Please meet me at the Cafe we last saw each other. Please Emma, please.

-Josh

He responded with three please, Emma did not want to see him. That was the last thing her mind was thinking about. Yet reading that he was flying over to Texas just for her? Maybe something is wrong- magazines sometimes write about false rumors to get more readers. She was on the magazines when she was spotted out with Josh, may she is just a friend and they were caught and the magazine just exploded the story. The only way she would know for sure is if she talked to him. Therefore she settled with a sure text reply. 

Something kept bothering her, she never actually saw the magazine article about Josh and January supposedly going out. Emma decided to text Cristal to inquire about the magazine if she still had it and if she did to bring it over. Cristal happily replied yes and that she would be over soon. 

30 minutes have passed and Cristal was at her door step with the magazine at hand. Cristal thought Emma wanted to gossip and talk about how pretty and cute the new couple looked. But what Emma wanted to see was the face of a certain someone.

 But what Emma wanted to see was the face of a certain someone

"ahh isn't she beautiful. I wish I had blonde hair. She is just so gorgeous!"Cristal kept gushing out to her. But Emma was right, then wrong. The two were close together and the magazine says, "Confirmed by the happy couple that they are officially together, also manager of Groban Foster confirms the relationship." But Emma knew better, The smile that was displayed on the magazine was not his smile. She knew his happy smile, this was a forced smile- he was not happy.

Looking at more pictures through the magazine it was the same realization

Looking at more pictures through the magazine it was the same realization. The tight forced smile was always displayed. Something was definitely up. "I hope they get married, but then again no. I want him single, however it feels kind of rush no?" Emma looked at her friend and encouraged her to continue with her thought. "I don't know like he is barely starting up. Then again who wouldn't want to date him. He is so handsome and his voice!" Cristal kept talking about what made Josh Groban so handsome and sexy, while Emma kept thinking to herself and looking at the photos. 

Emma did not want to hear her friend talk anymore about the couple and how cute their future babies will be. "Hey Cris want to go eat something, we have left over pasta. Come on." The girls then headed down stairs and ate together while Cris talked nonsense about school and other things.

A phone then vibrated and both girls looked at it. Turns out it being Emma's phone. Cris went to grab it to give it to her but Emma stood faster and ran toward it. Looking at it she read a text from Josh

Landed at Texas, I'll see you in an hour

-Josh

"Is everything okay?" Cristal asked shocked that her friend acted in a hastily way. Emma couldn't believe she was an hour away from seeing him after two months. Realizing that Cristal asked her question she turns around and smiles at her, "yeah just my dad asking if I wanted anything." Cristal just nodded and finished her food. The girls cleaned up and then Cristal said her goodbyes. 

Emma had only 20 minutes to get ready and meet Josh. She wanted to look beautiful for him, she wanted him to look at her and see her not just as a high schooler, but as a woman. Deciding on skinny jeans with boots and tight fitting black shirt. Emma felt ready, makeup was the only thing she had left. Applying mascara and little bit of blush with a fair amount of foundation. She brushed out her hair and let it fall down. One last look in the mirror and she was ready. 

*******

Arriving at the cafe the smell of coffee relaxed her. She was so nervous. However she spotted him right away, wearing the same disguise the last time they went out for coffee and he told her goodbye. Walk over to his table she noticed the way he stared at her. He couldn't take his eyes off of her, she was breathtaking- beautiful. He never realized how much she truly missed her. 

Emma finally got to the table and sat down. They both stared at each other memorizing and remembering all their favorite features of the other. Emma was the first to break the spell. "You wanted to talk, I am here."

Josh looked at her and didn't how to start or what to say. He knew what he wanted to say but didn't know how to word everything out, without hurting her feelings. 

"I take it you saw the article"

"yes, and I am happy you found someone. She is very beautiful." Emma didn't know where this new courage came from but she wasn't going to submit. Josh just looked at her and finally said, "we... January and I... Emma what I am about to tell you, you can not tell anyone." Emma looked at him scared worried that he would say something she didn't want to hear. "Emma, January and I, by our managers are under contract to date for 2 years."

Emma lost her voice for a second and couldn't believe what she was hearing. Do all celebrities do this? Become contracted to date others? 

"Why?" was the only thing that Emma could say. He had to be with her for 2 years, why?

"It's complicated, but trust me we, January and I have no feelings for each other. We have to date to 'launch our careers to higher grounds' according to our managers."

"Why, didn't you just say no." Emma looked into his eyes to get an honest answer, and that's when she saw it. A little tear forming in his right eye. 

"It's very complicated Emma, but I want you to know that I have very strong feelings for you. Your are not just a fling, I am sorry if that is what you thought. You are very important to me." Emma continued looking at him and smiled, a little smile happy to know that he did care. 

"So what happens now Josh."

"Don't Give Up"

AH HELLO WATTPAD! I KNOW IT HAS BEEN YEARS!! DON'T HATE ME LOL I HAVE MISSED WATTPAD AND DECIDED TO RETURN AND FINISH MY STORIES. I LOVE THIS STORY AND AM SO EXCITED FOR WHAT WILL COME NEXT! I HOPE ALL THE FANS ARE STILL OUT THERE AND READING MY FAN FIC! THANK YOU FOR ALL THE VOTES AND SUPPORT, YES I AM BACK LOL I WISH ALL OF YOU BEST WISHES AND STAY TUNED

PS SORRY FOR IT BEING ALL CAPS :P

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW!! I WILL FOLLOW BACK!!

THANK YOU GROBANITES!!!!