1

Desiree sighed in relief when the clock that hung above the counter hit 10. She had just finished closing up the shop and now she could punch out and head home after a long shift. Her rude boss had left an hour ago, leaving Desiree alone to manage the store.

Pulling out her keys from her sweater pocket, she inserted them into the lock and closed the door before heading home.

Desiree shivered, pulling her sweater closer to her body. The air was frigid and left frost every time she took a breath. Being that it was 10pm at night, it was pitch black. The walk from the coffee shop to her house would be about 10 minutes.

Desiree turned the corner and headed down a dark alleyway. She kept her head down, thinking her sweater would shield her face from the cold. The cool November air wasn't her favorite.

She let her thoughts train off to her arrogant boss that had pissed her off earlier. He decided he was too lazy to close up so he left Desiree to do it all by herself. She couldn't wait to quit her job.

But as soon as Desiree lifted up her head to analyze her surroundings, a dark figure appeared at the end of the alleyway. She stopped right in her tracks.

"Hello?" She called out to the shadow that was standing still. As soon as she blinked, the shadow was gone.

I must be tired, she thought to herself. It almost felt like a hallucination.

Hesitantly, she took a few steps forward until she felt it was safe to continue down the alleyway. She was paranoid now. Every few steps she took she looked at her surroundings to ensure that she was alone.

She quickly peeped behind her, but when her head turned back to her front line of vision a man stood directly in front of her. Desiree shrieked in fear.

"Don't scream," the man spit at her. A black hoodie covered his entire face, leaving only his lips exposed. They were pink and plump.

Desiree, being brave, made a move to hit him. The tall man wrapped his hand around her neck and slammed her against the brick wall with force.

"What did I say, love?" He loosened the grip on her neck when he noticed that she was gasping for air.

"P-please s-stop," Desire choked out.

The mysterious man removed his grasp from her neck but his cold hands traveled lower, to her waist.

"No," he growled lowly. His head moved into the crook of her neck. Desire began to shake as he inhaled deeply and placed a kiss onto her neck.

"You're gonna taste so good," he whispered darkly. He began to lick over the same spots he kissed.

Desiree's eyes widened. He could sense her fear and it only made him more thirsty.

"No! No! No!" She struggled within his grasp. The strangers ice cold hands were holding onto her waist so tight she could feel bruises forming. Desiree fighting back only made him laugh sinisterly.

"Please don't," Desiree whimpered.

The man pulled his head back from her neck, but she couldn't see his facial features. The only thing she saw was his lips curling into a smile. Fangs grew from his teeth, and he lunged onto her neck, draining her veins of blood.