6

Dan was awake. 

He was seated nicely on Phil's lap, his head leaning against the window. He had fallen asleep quite some time ago, after hearing someone mention that they'd be in the car for at least another eight hours. He was exhausted, so he'd make the most out of this time. He had been pulled out of his house in the middle of the night, after all.

But now, he was awake, listening to the heated conversation between Robert and Phil. He kept his breathing steady so they would believe he was still asleep, and they would continue their discussion. 

"I just don't understand the fucking point, man!" Robert exclaimed. "Why the hell would you bring a random dude with us? It's fucking stupid."

"Because we cannot risk being ratted out. If he's with us, he can't tell the police." Phil answered calmly, his grip around Dan's waist tightening ever so slightly. "And ever since Joshua, we've needed someone else. We can train him easily."

Robert snorted. "Please. Look at him! He's too much of a fucking pussy to tell the police anything, let alone shoot a guy." He was silent for a moment. "We're only taking him so you can get a good fuck in, aren't we?"

"I am not!" Phil protested loudly. His hand knocked into Dan's crotch harshly, causing Dan to jolt, a low groan passing through his lips. "Oh, fuck, Dan. I'm so sorry, are you alright?"

Dan nodded weakly, wincing. "Yeah, I'm good. Don't even worry about it." He faked a yawn. "Thanks for waking me up, though. Pleasant way be be roused, if you ask me."

Phil bit his lip, frowning apologetically. "I'm really sorry."

"Oh my God, Philip. Stop apologising. We get it, you're sorry." Robert moaned, hitting his head against his seat. "Can we just have a bit of peace and quiet? I'm sick of this shit."

The car immediately went silent, tension clouding the atmosphere. Dan watched Robert as he pulled up his hood and crossed his arms, leaning back and shutting his eyes. Phil sighed below him averting Dan's attention back to him.

"Again, really sorry. Hope you're still able to reproduce."

Dan chuckled quietly. "Wasn't planning on it, no worries."

Phil huffed out a laugh into the back of Dan's neck. "Well that's fortunate." Phil patted his thigh. "You should go back to sleep. We've still got a long ways yet."

---

i'm thinking of putting this story, along with therapy and cosmos on hiatus until further notice. i just don't have the motivation with these ones anymore. :/