Chapter 7 - Dances and Nightmares

~Lily POV~

The Halloween dance was coming up, and the Prefects and Heads were organizing it. I had decided to just and try to ignore my and James's Patronuses, and the fact that we could smell each other in the Amortentia potion. He probably doesn't even like me like that anymore. And surely I didn't love James Potter . . . did I?

I don't know. I like him. Yes, I like him a lot, more than I thought I ever would, and it definitely is more than friends liking, but, I feel sure that after that, James didn't like me anymore. Alice and Marlene thought otherwise.

As I walk towards Professor McGonagall's classroom, since there is where we will be planning the Halloween dance. Remus, James and Alice, I assume are already there. I knock on the door, and McGonagall answers.

"Hello, Ms. Evans. Take any seat you want." McGonagall said. Alice was sitting next to Remus, and only the Ravenclaw Prefects and a Hufflepuff girl were there yet. James was sitting at the back of the classroom, where he usually sat during classes. I decided to sit by him.

"Hey, James." I said, setting my bag on the ground, taking out my quill and ink, and some parchment.

"Hey, Lily-Flower. And how're you?"

"I'm doing good. And you?"

"I'm fantastic." He smiles at me, and I smile back. Then, Professor McGonagall says, "Attention please!" We both turned out attention to her, as she started to explain to us what we were going to do.

• • •

We walked back to each of our common rooms, James and Remus whispering abut someone's 'furry little problem', whatever that was. Alice was talking to me about hoping Frank Longbottom would ask her to the Halloween dance.

"Oh, I'm 100% sure that he'll ask you, Al. Don't you worry about it. Frank has a huge crush on you. Your just to oblivious to see it." I tell her.

"You really think so?" She asks, her voice still covered in worry.

"Positive." I smile at her, and she gives me a small smile.

"Okay . . . what about you and your soulmate?" She asks.

"Who?"

"James, of course!"

"James is not my soulmate."

"Keep telling yourself that. But seriously, are you hoping he'll ask you? Or are you planning on asking him yourself?"

"Um, Al, I dunno. I mean, if he asks, I'll say yes, of course, but . . . now, I'm not so sure that he'll ask me."

"Lils, are you feeling okay?"

"Yes." I said, but it came out as sort of, "Yes?"

"Well, if you think that James doesn't like you, you must not be feeling alright."

"I don't think he likes me anymore, if he ever did."

"Lils, you're acting ridiculous."

"Am not!"

"Sure." We then arrived at the Gryffindor common room portrait, and the fat lady said, "Password?"

"I'll see you tomorrow, Lils." Alice said.

"See you, Al." I turned and left, while Alice went into the Gryffindor common room. When I entered my own common room, James was sitting at his desk, writing on some parchment.

"Hey James," I yawned, stretching. "What're you doing? Homework?"

"Yeah, just some Transfiguration stuff."

"Cool." I took my Hogwarts: A History, plopped down on the couch, and began to read.

James poked me, and I looked up, a little annoyed.

"Yes?" I asked.

"I was just gonna say, its midnight, so . . ." He trailed off. I nodded, and closed my book, setting it on the table.

"Thanks." I said.

"For what?" He asked, looking confused.

"For telling me its midnight. I would have read until tomorrow morning if you didn't tell me."

"Oh, yeah, sure." Awkward silence.

"Well . . . goodnight James." I said, giving him a quick hug, and dashing up to my dorm.

"Night Lils!" He yelled up the stairs. I slowly closed my door, changed and washed my face, and then leapt into my bed, closing my eyes, and falling to sleep quickly.

~James POV~

Screams filled the air, and I bolted out of my room to find the noise. The sound was agonizing, and coming from Lily's room. I run up the stairs, and open the door, to find Lily, sitting up in her bed, shaking and breathing heavily.

"Are you okay?" I ask, my voice shaky. She looks up at me as tears stream down her face.

"James." She breathes. She gets up and pulls me into a tight hug, and I envelope my arms around her, pulling her close.

"Lets talk about. Maybe it'll make you feel better. It always helped me." I say, sitting down on the end of her bed. She sits next to me, nodding.

"It was . . . my . . . Mum and Dad, and you and Alice and Remus and Sirius and Marls and Peter, and they . . . were all being . . . killed slowly in front of me . . . and I," She says slowly, panting. "And I couldn't do anything about it." She whispered, tears falling down her face.

"It was all just a dream, Lils. Just a dream." I say, rubbing her back slowly. She sniffles.

"Thanks, James. You were right. It did help."

"Sure. Just call if you need anything, alright? I'm going back to bed." I say, standing up slowly. She hugs me again, and I kiss her forehead.

"Night, Lils."

"Night, James." When I got back to my bed, I didn't go back to sleep, and I could tell that Lily wouldn't go back to sleep that night either.

• • •

Hey guys! Thank you sooooo much for all the votes and reads and comments! I'm really happy that all of you like this one! Sorry about this chapter, it was kinda crappy, its a filler, sorry. And the title of this chapter was really bad, but I didn't know what to call it, so whatever. It is what it is. Please vote and comment please! Leave suggestions!

P.S. I think I'm going to change the cover soon!

Sincerely,

DragonLea