7

"So what did you do? Before, this?"

I sigh and say "Dancer"

Zombie raises his eyebrows. What did you expect?! Serial killer? I was different then. "Seriously?" He asks.

"No. I lied to you because I was secretly in the NBA. Yes seriously."

"So did you wear the pink tutus?" I roll my eyes then glare at him.

"Hell no... they're itchy." I was into ballet. I know I know. I was a princess. Had the princess name, the long hair that I loved to style, I wore makeup and I did ballet. But it calmed me. I'd probably still dance a bit in my spare time, if I was alone. Because if anyone ever saw me I'd probably honestly knock them out. Because that's not me. That's not Slick. That's Ariana.

I didn't notice I was fiddling with my small golden chain on my ankle. My sister and mom had one too. It was to symbolize that we would always be linked. I was going to take my moms and my sisters when they both died but then we wouldn't be linked, because I would have all the chains.

"So I think we're getting a new recruit."

"Wait they're coming to 53?"

"I think"

I look at him confused. "Vosch told me they found a survivor. They're probably coming to our squad because Vosch says we can use the help."

"We have Ringer, she's badass and good at everything. And all of the others have at least one strong subject? So why the hell so we need someone else?!"

"If I knew, I would tell you."

I run my fingers through my brown hair, which is down because it'll be lights off in about 20 minutes. I sigh then say "we should head back."

"Yeah, I think we should. Maybe we'll actually train next time." I give him a slight smile.

"I'll be there in a second I just forgot something.."

Zombie gives me a look, I'm not totally convinced he believes me but he's going to have to. I stand up and and walk over to my rifle. I did actually forget something, I just wanted to.. dance. Just one move. I miss it, it calmed me because it was like I was in my own world. Before I pick up my rifle, I do one of the spin things where you put your foot on your lower leg. A pirouette I think it was called. I completely forgot the names of the dance moves because, well I kinda had other focuses. Once I come to a stop I sigh and pick up my rifle. I turn around and Zombies still standing at the doorway.

I walk past him and brush his shoulder. "If you ever tell anyone I will hurt you like I did to Flint." I glance at my hand, I completely forgot I hurt it. Minimal pain though, I'm used to pain at this point. Mental, physical, and any other type there is.
••••••••••
Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while I've had writers block. But I'll try to update more frequently. I also apologize for the short chapter lol.

-L