Chapter Twenty-Six

A/N: More gore and fighting, you have been warned for the final time. The next few chapters are REALLY gorey. Also, please don't forget to **VOTE**
---------------------------

Nova's POV

Claws cut through the air like knives, teeth slamming down drawing blood. The smell was toxic smelling, a queasy feeling overwhelmed me, but I kept on going.

I wasn't too badly injured, but Iya- one of the brothers, were struggling to hold on. The head injury looked pretty painful, which could mean I had given him a concussion when I smashed my fist down on his head.

But that didn't bother me at all~ I thought, licking my lips as I looked over the pretty red covered canvas in front of me. I had done pretty deep scratches on both of his arms, his shirt and hoodie practically torn to pieces and just barely holding on by a thread.

His legs had a few tiny scratches on them, that were seeping blood and trickling down to his shoes, but that was only because he had moved out of my path a few times and I missed.

I shivered a little as I ran my tongue along my sharp, pointy canines. The taste of my own kind in my mouth, caused by me biting Iya deeply in the neck, right near the collarbone.

While it still continued to bleed, he didn't react, as if it were only a paper cut. His eyes were narrowed though, looking the slightest bit annoyed.

Honestly, they don't even have to act anymore... I know, Iris would know, we all know the truth now... Our species is fucked, I'll kill them all!! Tear them apart one by one and listen to their screams as they ring through the air!

Iya sighed and closed his eyes calmly for a moment, shifting his hand up near his bite wound, his fingers getting red and sticky with blood. He reopened his eyes halfway and stared upon the sticky, yet runny substance that slowly dribbled down his fingers and down his wrist.

"I don't have the time to act like a child, defect..." Iya mumbled, bringing his hand up to his lips and licking the red off of his fingers, yet the pinkish-red stains on his fingers and palms remained. I was surprised, usually we gagged and threw up at the taste of our own kind's blood, even if we were normal and emotionless. It was the same for all of us.

But then again... Maybe it was different for our own blood. Maybe it didn't taste the same as other Astra blood, or maybe he was just a really strong demon. Whatever... He'll be choking on his own blood in a second, so what does that matter...? Nothing, nothing at all~

He hissed through his teeth softly at me, eyes still narrowed and at this point, pitch black and devoid of a previous colour.

"How would you like to have a taste?" Iya snarled, surprisingly. He moved quickly, appearing in front of my face in an instant before I could register it in my mind. But in less than a second, I felt something sharp pierce my flesh, dragging down the very middle of my chest.

It wasn't his teeth, it wasn't a blade, it was his claws, dragging down and peeling up my flesh like paper. I screeched, quickly slashing forward and knocking him back and off balance.

He stumbled, but regained his stance fairly quickly while I tried my best not to collapse right there. I REFUSE to LOSE.

He's winning...

He... No, no he's NOT! I'm STRONGER than him!! He'll be DEAD IN AN INSTANT, I'LL MURDER HIM AND HIS FRIENDS. THEY'LL ALL PAY FOR TOUCHING SOMETHING THAT BELONGS TO ME!!

That's the you that you want~

Glancing down, I could see exactly what he did to me. The wound was deep, spurting blood from in-between its jagged and ripped edges. It burned and throbbed, but the burning forest fire inside my body and soul, blocked the pain out almost completely.

"That's all you got? Can I leave now, and go tear your other little friends to little pieces?" I rose back to my feet, straightening and flexing my claws to get a good feeling in them.

I was hot, overheated. I wanted this to be over, I wanted to see my precious. Just the thought, of me bringing Iris back home to him... I can only imagine how happy he'd be.

...

Who is he again...?

I'm loosing myself again... I don't want that to happen...! I need to regain control, stay in control!

...

Who cares at this point, nobody's here to stop me. I better have fun while I can~

Fighting went on for what felt like another eternity, though I wouldn't dare bat an eye and say I didn't enjoy every second of it. I missed this me, fighting every second of my life just to feel myself loose the last bit of my sanity.

I want to fall deep into the abyss of insanity, just think, how strong I'll be! I'll be unstoppable! Then Lucifer can go fuck himself and take his guards and Astra's with him! I can do anything! Who fucking cares about sanity, it's WEAK.

And I am NOT WEAK.

Pain seared and slashed across my body in different areas, each one hurting lesser and lesser than the previous one. I don't need to be in control, I just have to be STRONG.

I managed to get a few more hits on him. At this point, he couldn't maintain his normal, straight stance. He was hunched over, bleeding profusely.

If I keep this up, he'll bleed to death.

"You came out... wrong..." Iya stuttered, stumbling over from loss of balance. I watched, amused with my work. "You should've been destroyed... And used for something else... Your soul could've been given a good use..."

"Shut the fuck up with your lies, I don't care. I know the truth, you all don't bare emotions. Even if you did, you wouldn't ever know how to use them properly!" I seethed through bloodied teeth, but too distracted to pay attention to the awful taste.

I was in front of him in less than a minute, looking down at what used to be a healthy, normal Astra demon, now crumbled up and a waste of parts.

"Look. At ME. I know how to control them! This is what Astra demons are SUPPOSED to be! We aren't the broken ones, we aren't WRONG! YOU are wrong, YOU ALL ARE BROKEN!" I gripped tightly onto his bloody throat with both of my hands, being cautious with my claws- but not like that would even change anything.

"THIS. THIS IS HOW TO CONTROL YOUR EMOTIONS, IYA, YOU LET THEM CONSUME YOU. YOU LET THEM ATTACK YOUR MIND WITH VOICES UNTIL THE DARKNESS EATS YOU WHOLE, DROPPING YOU INTO THAT DARK PIT OF INSANITY. THEN, YOU'LL UNDERSTAND US. You'll KNOW how it feels to LIVE FOR ONCE!" I yelled at him, eyes blazing with rage, that I could barely see.

But I knew what I was doing.

And I gripped onto his throat tightly, feeling the satisfaction drown into my nerves as I could feel the hot red liquid burst all over my hands and onto my body, the bones underneath my rough grip, snapping like dry twigs.