Chapter 3

"I was what?!" I whisper screamed. "My parents live 20 minutes away. I have photos of me as a baby. Ill show you" I went around to my desk and got one of my favorite photos of me as a baby. It had my mother and my father in this photo. They looked so in love. My mum was looking at me whilst my father looked at her. I was just giggling. I had no clue what was happening but at the time I was happy. If only I had stayed happy. " They're not your real parents. I have a proper photo of them. Here" he showed me a photo of two people who looked strikingly similar to me. I always wondered why I never looked like my parents. I always thought I would look like my grandparents instead. Pity I never met them. They died before I was born. Sadly it was both my grandparents. Mothers and fathers side.

I started putting things together in my head but I pushed them to the back of my mind. "No. Just because they look like me doesn't mean anything. So what? Big Whoop. I know who my parents are. And plus, why would someone steal a baby? Whos crazy enough to do that?" I asked. "Obviously your 'parents'!!" he replied back. "Why would I trust you. I literally met you like 10 minutes ago! How am I supposed to trust you?" I whisper screamed. "Because. I know about your scars. I know how hard you fought your depression. I know your arm is full of cuts. And so is your leg. I know the battle you've faced during school. Your best friend stopped talking to you because you were too 'fat'. I know how bad you want to get back at her. In my world, You have, And trust me you get her good." "How do you know all this?" "Again. In my world, It's better than this world."

After about 2 hours of talking, I kinda believed him. Not much. But only because I was putting things together in my head. They had always been very protective over me. I've never had any grandparents and they don't look like me. I didn't know what to think. "Look. You should sleep. You've got study tomorrow." He sounded like he didn't want to go. I checked the time. 5:20. "Okay," I replied. "I'll be back tomorrow night. Leave the ladder somewhere I can find it."

"Okay" I replied groggily. "See you this time tomorrow" He slowly climbed down the ladder and put it on the grass. As soon as he was gone I went to bed. As soon as my eyes hit the pillow I was too far gone. I went to bed thinking how crazy this night was.