twelve

-third person pov

"i could've given you a fucking pony and yet you make me watch sesame street with you?" hye jung asked, eyes glued onto the big samsung tv that the jung family had recently installed.

hoseok jumped happily in his seat. "YES! WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER IN SESAME STREET? MINE IS BIG BIRD!" he said excitedly.

hye jung tilted her head in confusion. "isn't he the rooster?"

gasping, hoseok shouted out, "NO, HE'S A CHICKEN? RIGHT?"

hye jung crossed her arms. "no, i'm pretty sure he's a penguin."

the two teens continued arguing over what species hoseok's favorite big bird was when mrs. jung butted into their conversation.

"is big bird a girl or a boy?"

and the whole argument occurred all over again, but with hoseok's mom joining. this occurred for about ten? fifteen minutes? they finally stopped when they googled the answer, where it shockingly revealed that big bird was a girl canary.

it was a bad, bad day for hoseok.

the boy decided that it was the time for a nap to refresh his brain and to get over this shock. 

hye jung quietly sat at the corner of hoseok's room as she watched him fall asleep (a bit creepy, though), and cringed when she saw a drop of drool escape from his mouth and when he snored in his sleep. 

he was really a five year old boy trapped inside a teenager's body.

"hey!"

hye jung turned around to meet the eyes of mrs. jung, legit five cm away from hers. 

mrs. jung smiled and looked at the girl. "why were you staring at my son?" 

hye jung panicked. "HAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH, UH YOU SEE I HAVE A UM PET TOOTHBRUSH AND I WAS ADMIRING OF HOW THEY LOOK VERY ALIKE SO I STARTED-"

mrs. jung laughed and patted her head (it sort of reminded hye jung of hoseok). "alright then. come here for a second," she said, leading hye jung to an empty chair in the living room. the mom sat on the other chair in front of her.

"WOAH THERE," shouted hye jung. "am i having a job interview?'

mrs. jung laughed. "sure."

"anyways, i've seen that you're pretty close to my son, am i correct? you guys seem to be extremely close friends."

hye jung shifted uncomfortably. "uh, we just met at the bathroom the day before yesterd-"

"uh, screw that." mrs. jung realized. "it's just that it's been quite a while since hoseok has opened up to someone like this- much less a girl like you. i can barely get him to talk to a seven year old girl these days, so when i found out that he went to buy pads for you, i knew that y'all are in pretty good terms."

hye jung flipped her hair. "haha, yes i know. i'm like a legit princess."

"my baby has been suffering for a long time now from loneliness- he really needs some, uh, company. is it ok if you'll take him under your wing, please? i try to help, but i feel like my support isn't enough."

you're asking the girl who got him expelled to be his bff, thought hye jung.

"sure."

mrs. jung jumped happily and squealed. "OH MY GOSH THANK YOU SO MUCH- I THOUGHT YOU WOULD SAY NO AND I WAS READY TO ACCEPT MY BABY'S FATE!"

before hye jung could reply, mrs. jung screamed out, "I HAVE TO TELL HOSEOK!" and ran all the way to his room.

"woah, mrs. jung, i really need you to calm down- isn't hoseok sleeping?"

instead of answering, mrs. jung came back, holding the hand of a sleepy hoseok, who still had dried up drool over his mouth.

mrs. jung then happily announced, 

"hoseok! meet your new girlfriend!"

---

a/n: LOL HAHAHAH -temptaetion SAID THAT IF HOSEOK AND HYE JUNG GOT MARRIED HYE JUNG'S NAME WOULD BE jung hye jung I'M