just friends

[ Jieun's POV ]

       ' I- uh..' I stammered nervously as Guanlin and Daniel looked at me, i didn't know what to do.

      ' Okay, time's up. Get back to your seat.' Teacher Kim had come back to class.

      I sighed in relief. Saved by the... teacher, i guess?

      ' When I call out your names one by one shout out the name of the person that you'll be pairing up with.' Teacher Kim said, and started calling out names.

     Ahh.. I'll just call out Rose's name later then.

     Since my surname is Song, I'm around the middle in the class's name list.

    Oh shit. Daniel and Guanlin's numbers are both infront of me. They wouldn't just scream out my name right?

    Just as that thought crossed my mind, i heard..

   ' Kang Daniel !' Teacher Kim called out Daniel's name.

    He's not going to say my name right?

   ' I'll be pairing up with Jieun.' Daniel then said.

    What? But-

   ' Uh, Teacher Kim? I'll be pairing up with Jieun.' I heard another voice say. Oh no, please.

   Yep, it was Guanlin.

  ' What? I said a pair not 3 in a group. ' Teacher Kim said, annoyed. She gets annoyed really easily.

   ' Erm, Teacher Kim. I'll be pairing up with neither of them. I'll be pairing up with Rosé.' I said to Teacher Kim. Rosé smiled at me.

  ' Oh okay. Daniel and Guanlin will pair up then.' She said and continued to call out other names.

    Oops.

[ Guanlin's POV ]

     WHAT?? Did i hear her correctly? Me and Daniel? No way. It was supposed to be me and Jieun !!

    I looked over at Daniel and realized, the both of us had the same expression on.

    A look of shock and denial.

   Suddenly i hear someone laughing at me. It was Jieun.

  ' Hey, why did you do that?????' I glared at her.

' Do what?' Jieun asked me with an innocent look on her face. No Guanlin, no. Don't let that look fool you.

   ' Why didn't you say you were pairing up with me?' I asked her.

  ' Why would i? I never said that i would pair up with you. I never promised anything. You were the one who called out my name so randomly just now.' Jieun said to me.

   ' W-well, i just thought- i mean, we always do stuff together. Like.. best friends? And best friends pair up together, don't they?' I said to Jieun.

   Best friends? Ouch.

  ' Well.. i guess so. I'm sorry Guanlin, but I promised Rosé.' Jieun apologized to me.

  ' It's okay.' I said to her. I forgived her in a second. I guess love changes people.

' I mean, It's not like i want to be just friends with you.'

  ' And to be honest, i know sometimes I might not have the words to make you feel better, and i annoy you all the time.'

'But I can give you a hug, ears to listen to whatever you want to talk about and most of all- i have a heart that is willing to give you so, so much love and i would do anything just to see you smile. '

' But i can't do that as just friends. '

_____________________
AHHHHH GUAN LIN
hey guys im sorry i didnt update ytd cuz i was out almost the whole day 🤦🏻‍♀️ and this was a rushed chapter too so im sorry if there are any mistakes :(
but anyway thanks for all the reads and votes 😧
still can't believe i've reached 1.5k reads, thanks so much yall ❤️

5k reads, thanks so much yall ❤️