Prologue: Orphaned Cub

Sarafina and baby Nala: http://images6

Sarafina and baby Nala: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/38400000/sarafina-and-baby-nala-sarafina-38421005-600-540.png

Venus carried little Crystal through the crowd of the herds at the bottom of Pride Rock. Today was the presentation of Prince Simba. A few days ago Venus found an orphaned cub hiding in a hidden den. When she searched for Crystal's parents she found two dead lions and the cub looks just like the male. By the looks of it the mother was hurt in a stampede and the father tried to get her back to the den. When they were ambushed by hyenas or wild painted dogs. The father tried to protect the mother, but failed and got killed also.

So Venus decided to take to the orphaned cub to the Pride lands where she'd be given a loving home. Venus would raise the cub herself, but a rogue life is not good for a young growing cub. Crystal looked to be about two weeks old. With dark brown fur and light blue eyes.

Any way back to the story, the sun was beginning to raise as Venus made her way through the herds carrying Crystal. When she reached the front of the crown she looks up to see Rafiki presenting young prince Simba. She decided to wait until the presentation is over and lays down. Crystal tries to go and explore but Venus stopped her from doing so.

Then Venus starts to groom Crystal so she was clean when Venus presented her to the king and queen. Soon all the herds were bowing to baby Simba and Venus smiles happily. The ceremony ends and she picks Crystal up again going up to Pride Rock's cave/den. "Venus, is that you?" Sarabi asks smiling.

Venus smiles putting Crystal down before speaking. "Yes, it is good to see you both again Sarabi and congrats on having a cub. But I have a favor to ask" Venus explains looking down at Crystal who was laying down smiling at everyone.

"Would it have to do with the little cub you've brought?" Mufasa asks.

"Yes, her parents died recently and she needs a stable loving home" Venus states. "I was wondering if anyone in your pride would adopt her" she adds.

"What's this about adopting a cub?" Sarafina asks as she enters the den with her baby Nala in tow. "Oh aren't you gorgeous" she says looking at Crystal. Sarabi looks at the pair and Nala who was also looking at the new arrival.

"Sarafina, how would you feel about adopting little Crystal?" Sarabi asks.

"I think that'd work, Crystal already seems to like Nala" Venus says as Crystal and Nala rubbed heads purring.

"I would love to adopt her" Sarafina tells them smiling. "Is that ok with you my king?" she asks Mufasa.

"Of course, I am glad she will be getting a good family" Mufasa says smiling.

"Then it's settled, welcome to the pride Crystal" Sarabi tells the dark cub smiling. Venus says a final goodbye to Crystal wishing her luck in her new life. Before leaving to continue her life as a rogue lioness. "Sarafina did you see Scar at the presentation?" Sarabi asks as Sarafina feeds Nala and Crystal.

"Now that you mention it, no I did not" Sarafina says.

"I'll go deal with him, congratulations on your new daughter Sarafina" Mufasa states and nuzzles Sarabi before leaving. Soon all three cubs were sleeping and the two mothers were catching up. Since their cubs had been born a couple of weeks ago they hadn't seen each other a lot.

"I think she is going to fit in just fine" Sarabi says smiling at the three sleeping cubs that had curled up around each other.

"I agree, and I think she'll be the 'jewel' of the pride" Sarafina states. Sarabi nods her head in agreement. "So are Simba and Nala still going to get married one day?" she asks.

"Of course, they will and with Crystal being to youngest she will be the jewel of the pride. Until Scar and Zira have their cub any way" Sarabi assures her friend.

"Speaking of Zira, she didn't stay long for the presentation and left shortly after Simba was presented. She looked disappointed or something" Sarafina explains.

"I'll talk to her tomorrow, if you don't mind looking after Simba for an hour or so" Sarabi tells her. Sarafina agreed to watch Simba and Mufasa returns looking stressed with Zazu. "How's Scar?" Sarabi asks him gently.

"He left after our talk, honestly he is so out of the it. He used to be so into the pride when were kids. But recently his been withdrawn secretive and I wish he'd open up to me. We are the only blood family we have left" Mufasa says sighing.

"It's probably stress, you know he and Zira have been trying to have a cub of their own with no success. Just give him time, he will come around" Sarabi assures him. She then tells him about Nala and Simba marrying one day & he agrees. So Simba and Nala become officially betrothed.

A/N

Picture above of Venus and picture on the external link of Mufasa, Sarabi & baby Simba. Picture in chapter of a similar cub to Crystal, but you'll see a better image in the next chapter.