Gladiolus Amicitia (Drabble)

Gladio stretched himself, after you both arrived somewhere in a forest. It was not a dangerous place though, since the Daemon Hunters cleared the whole area from monsters. And even if there would be some lingering, Gladio was strong enough to keep you save. "Ah. What a wonderful place for our camping trip. Don't you think so, [Y/n]-chan?" he asked and turned to you, his smile as wide as his broad shoulders. You gave him a mild smile, still feeling drained and a bit sad from your rough week at work. "Aw, don't give me that forced smile. Just do it, when you feel like it, sweetheart." Gladio sighed and hugged you from behind, making your head lean against his chest. You closed your eyes and enjoyed being near him. "I'm sorry. I'm just very tired." you admitted and felt his arms tighten around you, though he still kept his strength back to not crush you. "I know. That's why we take this trip so you can recover." he whispered and kissed your earlobe, making you slight giggle because of it's tickling sensation.

After he let go of you, Gladio started to build up the tent. "Can I help you with something..?" you asked, not wanted to just sit there despite your exhaustion. "You should rest. But if you really insist, can you gather some branches for a campfire?" Gladio asked. He was not worried about you being attacked, because the place was somewhat safe. And you were able to defend yourself in emergency. "Alright." you saluted and made your way through the bushes to look for some branches or other stuff that will do for a camp fire.

Gladio finished his preparations for a good sleep place when he noticed that you were not back yet. His mind rushed through many cases what might happened and he decided to look after you. "[Y/N]? Are you there?" he called after you. It was already dark and the forest shielded away the moonlight. It was pitch black. Luckily he had a smartphone with a flashlight app to have at least some light. He went further until he reached a clearing. Suddenly he saw your lying form there. "[Y/n]!" Gladio gasped worried and rushed over to you. He kneeled down infront of you, checking if you were hurt. When he heard soft snoring sounds, he calmed down. "My, my. If you were so exhausted, why haven't you just rested." he sighed and picked you up bridal style, carefully not to drop or wake you. He carried you back to the tent and laid you on the sleeping bag. Carefully, he put a [h/c] strand of hair behind your ear and watched your sleeping form. "Good night." Gladio chuckled before he laid beside you and put his strong arms around your body to keep you close and fall asleep.

The next morning, you wake up from the chirping sounds of birds. You blinked several times to notice, that you weren't outside where you fell asleep. You looked around to find the other side of the bedroll empty. A tasty scent filled your nostrils and you noticed that you were indeed hungry. When you went outside of the tent, you spotted Gladio making something to eat above a campfire. "G-Good morning." you said. Gladio turned around and smiled. "Morning, love. I hope you slept well." he spoke. You nodded, giving him a true smile this time. "Yes! I am feeling much better and fitter today." you exclaimed, making Gladio laugh a bit. "That's good to hear. Then you won't mind if we use the rest of the trip for some special training." he grinned and flexed his muscles. You sweatdropped at his words and shook your head. "Maybe I am not feeling well at all.." you sighed and shared a laugh with him.

Nonetheless to say, it was one of your best weekends ever and you forgot why you were sad in the first place. Gladio was simply amazing!