― xiv. "A MINOR INCONVENIENCE"

╔══════════════╗

chapter fourteen

A MINOR INCONVENIENCE

╚══════════════╝

     Emilia had been doing some thinking.

     She knew it was dangerous, the act of sewing thoughts together. But the idea forming in her mind was a decent one, or at least she thought. And, again, she knew it was a little strange and a little out-of-the-blue, but the more she thought about it, the more the idea warmed to her.

     Clothes and shoes and jewellery were all things that she truly loved, even if it was one of those things she didn't think about often. She didn't think much when she found an ugly dress in a charity shop and turned it into a pretty skirt. She didn't really think about it, it was just one of those things that she enjoyed and she found exciting without properly addressing it.

     But now, she wanted to address it. She had been thinking about it a little over the past few days, and she knew that wasn't much time to get anything going or to decide anything massive, but it was a starting point.

     Marisol Salvatore's fashion house closed in 1951, the same day that she died. No one was interested in keeping it going, and at the time, it was under fire for being affiliated with Grindelwald, since Marisol's husband once helped the man. There was also the issue with using actual animal skin and fur, but that wasn't much of an issue at the time. Still isn't really, but the idea of using it freaked Emilia out, personally.

     Maybe she could re-open it? Maybe she could bite the bullet and ask her uncle for some business advice? He's been helping with that other business over the past few years. And, really, Emilia knew enough of it anyway, and it stated it was what it was — a rebirth of a fashion house that was once controversial and disliked, but wasn't anymore — she felt like it could, maybe, eventually, become a little successful?

     She didn't know. But, she liked the thought of it. It felt right. It felt nice.

***

     "I don't think it hurts as much as it normally would, but it's still pretty painful," said Emilia, the spellbook sitting next to her on the floor in the prefect's bathroom. Both her and Sirius weren't supposed to be in there, since neither were prefects in the slightest, but it was either they snuck into this one, or they used Moaning Myrtle's bathroom, and, although Emilia figured she must be lovely once you got to know her, Em thought Myrtle was a little bit annoying.