The Boy From The Trees

In the spring, when the sun is out and there's a soft breeze blowing through the trees you'll often find small children and their parents at a park. Brendon Urie and his mother were no exception to this.

In march every day seemed to get nicer and nicer so much to the point that Brendon was starting to forget what staying inside the whole day was even like.

The four year old pulled on his mom's arm, "come on mommy we have to go!"

Grace smiled down at her son, "yes I know, I know, let me grab my bag first ok?"

Brendon watched as his mother walked towards the chair that held her black purse. He watched her pick it up and walk towards the door. His heartbeat picked up in excitement and he practically leaped out the door.

"Come on!"

Grace smiled again and walked after the child.

When they arrived at the small park by the lake Brendon ran off to play with the other children. Soon a smaller boy with light brown hair walked up to Brendon with two Barbie dolls in his hands.

"Hi I'm James do you wanna play dolls with me," the boy asked.

Brendon had never played with dolls before but it seemed fun so Brendon nodded, "ok, I'm Brendon!" He grabbed one of the dolls and the two sat down.

James held up his doll, "this is Barbie," then he pointed at the doll in Brendon's hand, "and that one is Skipper. What do you wanna do with them? We can make them go to a dance. My daddies say that girls like to go to dances."

"Ok!"

The boys had fun making their dolls get ready and go to their dance. After about half an hour two men were walking towards them calling for James.

James took the doll back from Brendon and walked over towards the men, "daddies! This is Brendon he's my new best friend."

Brendon smiled at the men, "hi I'm Brendon!"

The taller one bent down so he was at Brendon and James's heights, "hi Brendon, I'm Jack and this is my husband, Mikey. Do you have a parent here we could say hi to?"

Brendon nodded, "I'll be right back," and sprinted off to his mom.

"Mommy! I made a friend. His name is James come meet his daddies!" He said excitedly pulling at her arm.

Grace followed along but looked confused, "honey you mean daddy? You said daddies. Plural. You wouldn't say mommies talking about me because I'm one mommy.

Brendon ignored her and pulled her along. The reached James, Jack, and Mikey, "this is my mommy! Mommy this is James and those are James's daddies."

Both Jack and Mikey stuck out their hands to shake with Grace's. Instead of reaching back Grace just stared at their hands with a look of disgust, "so are you just friends raising a child together or...?"

The grins dropped from both of their faces. James and Brendon didn't seem to notice that anything was wrong and chatted next to their parents.

Mikey responded, "no, we're married. Uh, is that an issue?"

Grace nodded, "Yes it's an issue. Gay marriage is a sin! It's bad enough you are married but you've ruined an innocent child's life!" She pointed at James, "this boy is corrupted now. He probably thinks all of this," she gestured at the two, "is ok! Come on Brendon you can't be around these sinners, let's go play on the other side of the park," she grabbed her son fiercely and pulled him away from the group.

"What? Mommy no!" He reached towards his new friend as he was pulled away.

Jack and Mikey looked pitifully at the small child being dragged away.

"Mommy why did we have to go?" Brendon asked.

Grace bent down to her son's height," honey, two men being married together is a sin. The same with two women. It should be a man and a woman, the way god wanted it to be. Ok?"

Brendon didn't understand but nodded anyway.

Grace smiled, "ok good. Now go play for a bit. We have to get home soon. Daddy is brining home food."

"Ok mommy," and he ran off.

This time Brendon played alone in the sandbox by the trees. He looked up at the sound of a tree branch breaking. There was a boy standing in the trees all alone. He looked slightly older than Brendon with brown hair. The boy stared at Brendon with narrowed brown eyes.

Brendon stood up and walked over to him. The boy backed up. Brendon frowned, "my names Brendon. What's your name?"

The boy didn't answer and cocked his head. Brendon reached out to grab his hand. The boy moved away.

"Hello, can you speak?" Brendon asked.

The boy reluctantly nodded, "I'm Ryan," he took Brendon's hand and shook it.

"Do you wanna play? I'm making a castle!" Brendon said.

Ryan shook his head, "I don't want to play. But I'll watch, I like watching."

"Ok," Brendon resumed building his castle, "when I grow up I'm going to live in a castle!"

"That's nice," Ryan said, sitting down next to Brendon, "when I grow up I probably won't live in a castle but I hope I have a nice house and a nice family."

Brendon shrugged, "if you want you can live in my castle with me! It'll be big enough I think."

"That would be cool, maybe I'll do that."

"Yea! And we can get my friend James to live with us too! He has two daddies!I think that's really cool," Brendon said excitedly.

Ryan smiled, "cool"

Brendon heard his mom calling for him, "I need to go. Do you want to meet here tomorrow? I can make another castle and you can watch if you want," he said to Ryan.

Ryan frowned, "I have school. I can come on Saturday if you want."

Brendon nodded, "I don't start school until September! Do you want to meet my mommy?" He turned around to see his mom walking towards them, "she's right over there."

Ryan seemed panicked as he quickly stood, "no! Don't tell her about me. I'll see you Saturday!"

And he ran back into the trees.