20. temptation.

That night, Celeste took a shower and decided to visit Dante because he can always make her feel better after a shitty day. She tried looking for Luca to tell him she was going out for a bit but he wasn't anywhere in the apartment.

She sent him a quick text that she'll be taking a walk, she lied because she didn't want him chasing down Dante.

She made her way to Dante's door and knocked on it. He opened the door and his face instantly brightened up, "Sis-in-law! Come in!"

She went in and made herself comfortable on the couch. Dante asked, "How are you holding up?"

"Dante, I think I messed things up with your brother..." Celeste answered.

"Oh, he'll come around, don't worry about it. But, what happened?" Dante asked.

She told him how for the past few weeks, she's been so down that she hadn't been talking to Luca and basically giving him the cold-shoulder. He had been trying to make her happier but she kept brushing him off. She left out the almost sex part because she had no intention of discussing that with Dante.

"Oh, I see... he has an ego as big as his head, or even bigger, so being neglected probably bothered him. But he should've at least taken in consideration your situation, which is bigger than his neediness." Dante continued, "Luca's been hurt badly before so when you started to suddenly brushing him off, he couldn't wrap his head around why you were being so cold towards him when he did nothing but try to help. He probably panicked that you were losing yourself and was starting to lose interest in him, or something."

Dante explained everything so well, Celeste was impressed, "Gosh, he's so confusing! Why couldn't he just tell me from the beginning that it bothered him, why did he have to force- I mean why did he have to blow up so randomly." Celeste's face softened, "I'm so stupid, Luca tried really hard to cheer up in the past couple of weeks, I should've at least given him some credit for his efforts."

"I have an idea!" Dante said excitedly, "We can buy him something nice to cheer him up!"

"Gifts can buy his happiness?" Celeste questioned him.

"No, probably not. But a nice gift, plus, a loving handwritten letter about how much you appreciated his efforts and how much you love him should cheer him up... and inflate his ego..." Dante added the last part with a smirk.

Celeste rolled her eyes, "Fine. But what stores do you think will be open at 11PM?"

"Just name a place and I can have it opened within minutes." Dante said.

Celeste raised an eyebrow.

"The power of the Battaglias, sweet Celestina, the power of the Battaglias." Dante said with a proud smile.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Luca had turned off his phone and decided to go to a bar to clear his head.I'm so stupid, what the fuck was I thinking. Her family was murdered and I wanted sex? I didn't even ask her. I fucked up.

(A/N: going to a bar to "clear your head" is dumb, Luca!!! IT'S A BAR, YOU GONNA GET DRUNK AND MAKE DUMB DECISIONS!! **hint hint**)

10 minutes in, Luca already took 5 shots of pure bitter vodka. During his drinking session, a woman sat beside him, "well, well, well, if it isn't a distressed Luca Battaglia sitting at a, dare I say it, a public bar."

Adriana, Luca thought. "Get out! I don't want you hear!" slightly slurring his words.

"It's a public place. You can't kick me out, babe." Adriana said with a smug smile on her face.