Putting Forth The Effort

*Last Day of the Resort*
The vibe was so solemn. Wilbur had his work cut out for him since the last group session. There was so much going on amongst the couples that he decided to handle each one separately. For the most part, this was the longest that each couple had spent together.
Rashad and Amanda were not talking. In fact, they'd agreed to give each other some space. Amanda just couldn't accept that he had a son. And as much as Rashad knew he couldn't be mad, he was. For her to go and have an abortion and not even consult him... he didn't think he would be able to swallow that pill anytime soon.
But what did satisfy Wilbur was the fact that Aaliyah and Tim seemed to be working through their issues. The two walked in to the room holding hands, smiling and talking with each other. From their last private session, most of the anger between the couple was gone and he could tell that they were both hurt. They both wanted a child and the fact that they almost had it, weighed heavy on them. Tim was still upset to Aaliyah's uncle and he vowed to talk with him once they returned home. But he knew that he couldn't be angry at his wife.
Wilbur adjusted his glasses as he looked around the room.

"As much as this trip may feel like it tore you all apart... it served a purpose. Hiding things from your partner will only lead to misery. I'm glad that you've got the root of your issues out and on the table. I've always believed that the key to solving a problem is putting all the elements on the table and seeing what we are working with and creating an action plan to get through it. I'm proud of you all and I will help you all continue to work through your issues. To love someone is to accept them for their flaws and who they are and helping them work towards being a better person. "
As they boarded their planes to head back home, Tim refused to let Liyah's hand go. She smiled at him, feeling like they were back somewhat to how they used to be.

"I love you Timmy."

He couldn't help but smile down at his wife. He'd missed the nickname that only she called him. He leaned down to snuggle his nose in her hair.

"I love you too Liyah bear, so much."
"I really want to take some time off Tim. I want to come to terms with everything without being rushed."
"I'll talk to Barry when we get home. I'm going to insist that he give you time."

Libyan smiled and kissed his lips. She just wanted to spend time with the love of her life and get over the fact that their first child was gone. She needed to work through that and putting out an album right now was not in her best interest.

*Later that Day*

After they arrived home, Tim had carried Liyah to their bed for a nap. He decided to make them dinner and draw her up a bath. He was determined to make things right and treat his wife the way she deserved to be treated. Never again would he allow anger to push her away. He needed her more than the air he breathed.

No matter what, he wanted to be her Perfect Match. She'd never have to ask because throughout the years, they'd become so attached. A forever love.