Chapter Eight: Aladdin

♪Kent♪

It's been about a month since the fundraiser, and all in all, it went pretty well. The companies made over a million dollars combined and neither of my or Colette's parents started a feud. By the end of the night, me and Colette were so tired we ended up falling asleep on the couch together.

Again, it all went pretty well.

Right now though, I'm sitting in the kitchen. It's a Sunday morning and I decide to make breakfast. Colette makes breakfast every morning, for me and sometimes the staff. I figure she deserves a day off.

She's just lucky I know how to cook.

She hasn't woken up yet, which is really peculiar because we usually go for a run and down to the gym to work out in the mornings. But when in we to go wake her up this morning, she told me to go without her.

I take the tray with her breakfast on it and head upstairs, knocking on her door. I hear a quiet come in and open it, she's lying there her eyes drooping, clutching onto her pillow. I set the tray down on her dresser and head over to her bed. Her face is pale white, I press my hand against his forehead.

"Colette, you're burning." he say, sitting down beside her. She shakes her head and sits up.

"I'm fine, I'm just cold." she assures as she pulls the blankets around her. She glances over at the dresser and smiles. "You made breakfast?"

I smile and nod, my cheeks burning slightly. "Yea, you always make breakfast and since you stayed in bed today I figured-"

I feel her lips on my cheek and I pause. "Thank you, it means a lot."

"You're welcome." I say, looking away. She starts coughing and covers her face with her blankets. I rub a hand down her back soothingly. "Since you're sick, why don't we spend the day watching movies?" I suggest.

"Okay."

I go to help her up and I hear a soft noise coming from her bathroom, which she tries to cover up with a cough. I raise an eyebrow at her.

"What was that?" I ask, she looks at me innocently.

"What was what?" she asks. I walk over to her bathroom and open the door. I can hear her protest in against it, but I don't listen. I look around the bathroom, not seeing anything. As I go to shut the door, I hear the same noise again.

Is there a cat in here?

Suddenly, a smokey gray kitten jumps out from behind the door and attacks my foot. It was all gray, the ends of the fur had a blue hue to them. When it looks up at me, I caught sight of it's wide yellow eyes.

"Colette. . .can you come here for a second?" I coo, she walks offer to me and looks down. "What is that?"

She blushes. "A kitten."

"Where did it come from?" I ask, she bites her lower lip and sighs.

"Do you remember the other night how bad it was raining? Well, I kept hearing something outside the kitchen window while I was cooking. I got so frustrated I went looking for what was making the noise and came across him." she says, picking him up and holding him against her chest.

"I call him Aladdin."

"A cat? Why a cat?" I ask, she shrugs and strokes his fur.

"I wasn't leaving him it in the pouring rain! Plus, I'm sure he's a stray. He needs a home, can we keep him Kent. Please?" she pleads, pout in her lip and widening her eyes.