6.

The next day I walk into the room that Theo was in and it's still in a mess.

There's a note on the table with "Maid" written on it.

I open it and read the letter.

Dear Maid,
I'm sorry for the mess again. I want to thank you for continuing to clean my room.

I have place two thousand dollars in the envelope for you.

I'm sure you need the cash especially after the shit you deal with on a daily basis.

I laugh.

He's right I deal with a lot of shit in this job.

The door to the room opens and I see a guy in a suit walk in.

He has shaggy brown hair, tanned skin and blue eyes.

That makes you think of the beach.

A smile spreads across his face. "I've always wanted to meet the woman that cleans my room." He holds his hand out to me. "I'm Nikolai Andrews."

I pull the glove that I'm wearing off. "Harlow, how long are you staying?"

I know that was forward, but I want to know if this room was really Theo's.

"I'm staying until Thursday. I've been here since Saturday."

Looking at him I ask. "You've been in this room the entire time?"

"Yes,"

Crossing my arms. "So, you knew about the guy that pretended this was his room yesterday?"

He nods. "He have me "$20,000. For it. He wanted to make someone jealous."

"I can't believe you went along with that plan. It was me that he was trying to make jealous."

"Oh," he points at me. "You're the ex wife he wanted revenge on. He saw you with a kid and that's what made he come up with the plan to get caught by you."

I laugh. "The funny thing about that, is the kid he saw me with is his. I was pregnant when he kicked me out."

Why am I sharing all this with a stranger?

Theo must have hurt me more than I thought yesterday with his stunt.

I walk over to my cart. "I'll clean you're room later." I start to move out of the roomx

Nikolai grabs my arm. "This is yours." He has the envelope with the money in it. "Wait a minute I'll give you the money that he gave me for the room."

I shake my head. "You keep it. I don't want his money." I open the door. "Will you have dinner with me before I leave?"

"We'll see." Looking at the room behind him. "If you can keep the room clean I'll consider going on the date with you."

"Deal," he shakes my hand like a kid would.

I move to the next room and I start to clean it.

When the room is clean I leave a mint on the pillows before I exit the room.

I go back to Nikolai's room and he's cleaned it up a bit since I left.

There's another piece of paper on the table and this time it has my name on it.

I sort of cleaned the room for you. I hope it's easier on you.

I laugh.