-Chapter 1-

- Ysabelle P. O. V. -
I woke up one morning, feeling drowsy as I had had yet again had a nightmare about none other than the people who surround me everyday. To my delight, it was a Saturday so I didn't have to go to Hell on earth aka. school. Quite irresponsibly, my 'parents' let me go anywhere, well, more like they just didn't ever want me around. Today was one if those days that I just wanted to walk around the outskirts of the city.

As soon as the buildings got smaller, you begin to cross into nought territory. It's not exactly run down, but the crosses wish to make it clear the noughts are beneath them. What I'm trying to say, is that the cross territory is much more modern with loads of penthouse buildings and company buildings while the noughts' reside in a place with cottages, supermarkets (all of the crosses either order online or have house service bring it to them), cafés and more or less pretty normal thanks to noughts cleaning up their city.

Anyway, I decided to visit a café for breakfast and just wander around. As usual, I had to wear a lot of clothing to cover up my skin so I would actually be able to enter nought territory. I rode the bus until it went as far as the driver was allowed to and shyly stepped off. As I was walking through some streets, I came across a small little café that seemed like it had good food from what I could see.

I sat near a corner so I wouldn't be the seen as much. There was no one at the counter when I stepped in so I just played on my phone (a/n her parents gave her a phone so she wouldn't have a reason to bother them and they could keep trying to forget her) and waited patiently. Suddenly, a teenage boy walked out from the back room and took a quick glance around the tables until his eyes landed on none other than myself. There are many reasons why this could be: because I was literally wearing a jacket, gloves and scarf inside; because I was sitting at the darkest corner in the entire room even though I was the only customer t the moment or because I had long stopped actually looking at my phone and every once in a while peered over it to look at him

Despite from the fact I look extremely weird and unapproachable, he still advanced towards me. "Hello, I will be waiter today," he greeted me and, to my surprise, spoke with a hint of shyness, "what would you like to have order?" (A/n again - I know in most places they don't go up to you, but I have to make it this way so the story is the story lmao) I slowly moved my gaze up to meet his, and I quite quietly answered, "A vanilla ice tea please..." Surprisingly, he heard it, and rushed off to get it.

After I had got my drink, I heard the door open, and in stepped a group of boys dressed in dark colours. For once I tried to mind my own business, I really did, but let again my curiosity got the best of me. Glancing up and down quickly, I saw the boy that had served me get attacked with hugs by the group. I don't know why I was so interested in a group of noughts but something about them.....it felt like they were different. Not that noughts are terrible people, it's that they just had different auras all together.

Without me noticing, I had finished my ice tea, so I couldn't exactly just stay behind and keep stalking these boys when I had no reason to stay. So reluctantly, I payed for my drink and I added a tip for no reason. It was probably the best that I left anyway, I'd they didn't they would've spotted me. I waited until they were all absorbed in conversation, sneaked over to the door and practically ran out to be welcomed with fresh air.

Wandering aimlessly, I for sure did not want to go back to that horrid house with that abomination of what I am forced to call my family, so I tried thinking of anything to do to pass the time. I finally arrived at an empty park (I did not know what is up with the lack of people) that was basically only for walking around in. A few benches we're scattered here and there, and I was not in the mood to walk around anymore so I headed to the nearest one. Being a bit of a creep, I was hoping someone would enter the park again so I could look at what they were doing - I live a boring life okay! I can't do enough to make my life fun.

Waiting for what seemed like hours, someone finally entered the lonely park. But guess what - they were the same people from the café! Not only that,but the waiter was also there. I was cast into panic as I hoped that they really hadn't seen me. Nevertheless, I sunk into my warm clothes to hide any of my skin.

But just my luck

They all turned towards the pile of colourful clothing that was yours truly, the potato.

Kill me.

I'm so sorry I didn't update the first chapter for so long! I have no excuse, except for the fact big hit is killing me with the highlight reels and the beautiful girls lmao. But I tried to make up for it by having a long-ish chapter (like 935 words). Anyway! I will try to update on a schedule, but if I don't, feel free to complain.
'Till the next update, bye!
💖