#63

A/N

I hope you all enjoy this update🙂Also Y/N is famous...not Ariana...sorry for any mistakes I didn't proof read🔅

****
Ariana Grande & Y/N-Late night call
****

I was brutally pulled away from my rather heavy sleeping when an annoying buzzing sounded from the bedside table. I pushed up my heavy, sleepy body with my elbows, looking around the dark room.

I rubbed my sore eyes quickly, before gazing over at the clock. 4:23 AM.

Who on earth calls at this time of the freaking hour?

Somehow, I gathered enough strength to reach out for the phone beside me. My eyes were too blurry to see the name on the screen.
"Hello?" I mumbled. Not sure if I was actually fully awake or not.

"Babe?" Her voice sounded. The tone in her cut through to me immediately.

"Y/N?" I gasped, a bit more awake now.

"Did I wake you up?" She almost whispered.

Something was off, this didn't seem right, but I couldn't really put my finger on why I thought so. Her voice just sounded different than normally.

"It's four in the morning, your question is stupid" I said. It wasn't to be rude or anything, it was just the truth. The other end went silent, the only thing I could really hear, was Y/N's heavy breathing.

"Baby, what's wrong?" I asked, getting more worried.

She was touring, but she was still in the US, so her time zone shouldn't be any different from mine.

Why was she awake?

She never stayed up late while touring. She always wanted to be well rested, so she could be the best Y/N possible, so she never let down her fans.

Y/N didn't answer my question, which made my stomach twist.

"Y/N, what's going on?" I spoke, once again. This time I heard a loud sight, but still no words.

"Babe, you're worrying me" I whispered, licking my dry lips.

I hated when Y/N was upset, which she clearly was right now, but what I hated even more, was when she didn't tell me what bothered her. That's the only thing I dislike about Y/N. She always keeps her emotions to herself. She always wants to handle it herself so she doesn't have to worry anyone.

In the three years we've been together, it was the thing, I'd struggle with the most. Getting her to open up to me. The fact that she even called while feeling down, was a victory in itself.

I let my fingertips run across the sheets, waiting nervously for her to speak, but I quickly realized she wasn't going to.

"Please..." This time I was almost begging her.

"I'm sorry Ari, I shouldn't have called"

"Y/N, don't make me get up right now and fly across the freaking country, just to hit you for not talking to me. It's much easier if you just talk to me now" I said, almost daring her. She knew I'd do it.

A little laugh slipped out of her mouth, which made a smile appear on my lips as well. It wasn't as bad as I thought then.

"You're bossy tonight, I like it" she joked.

"And you're avoiding talking to me" I gave back. "Now seriously tell me what's bothering you.

"I don't want to push my problems onto you" she whispered.