Chapter 1 The Announcement

The sun shines through my lace curtains. The birds chirp outside, a different melody each time. I climb out of my bed sleepily and push my curtains away to see outside. The sun is shining brightly and the sky is as blue as a sparkling sapphire. I smell the faint scent of sizzling bacon and the rich aroma of fresh baked cinnamon bread. Looks like I'm going to be eating breakfast today, I think to myself.
  Let me introduce myself, my name is Summer Dalton, I'm twelve years old, I go to Maple Ridge Middle School, and I live in South Dakota. I have two best friends, Sarayah Miller and Crystal Miller. You've probably guessed that that they're sisters. Correct! I have blonde hair and emerald green eyes. Crystal and Sarayah both favor each other so much that I can't tell them apart sometimes. You'd think they are twins. They both have long, straight, black hair. The only difference is their eyes. While Sarayah has green eyes, Crystal has blue eyes.
"Summer!", my mother calls.

I walk into the kitchen and I see my mom and dad sitting at our small dining table with serious looks on their faces

I walk into the kitchen and I see my mom and dad sitting at our small dining table with serious looks on their faces. "We have to tell you something, sit down," my mother says. I sit in a chair wondering aimlessly what they need to tell me. "You are going to be staying with your Aunt Margie down on the coast in New Jersey for the summer", my father says slowly.
"What, no!", I scream. "I can't stay with that lady, she's old and weird", I exclaim. "Why do I have to do go anyways", I ask impatiently. "We have to go on a buisness trip", my mother says nervously. "I can't believe your making me do this", I yell. I storm back to my room and close my door. I hear my mom hollering from the kitchen, "You're leaving on Thursday!"
   I run past the kitchen, trying not to make eye contact with either of them. I had planned to do so many fun things this summer, espically with my friends. I had planned to go to Crystal and Sarayah's house next week. On Friday, I was supposed to go to the local waterpark with my cousins, Serina, Mackensie, and Walker.
   I arrive outside and walk to our stable that houses our three horses, Sugarfoot, Red, and Jule. Sugarfoot is mine, Red is my father's, and Jule is my mother's. I unlatch the iron hold and let myself into the stable with Sugarfoot. "Hey Sugar", I say soothingly to my horse. Did I mention my family loves horses? I feed Sugarfoot a sweet, juicy apple. I hear her crunching the apple. I decide to take a ride. Sugarfoot gets finished eating the apple while I hop on her back, saddle and all.
   We ride out to the grassy field behind our house. Tall mountains fringe the field. It feels like I could hold the mountain, even though its so big and far away. The sky is a brilliant blue and the sun is shining. I steadidly slide off Sugarfoot and I lay in the grass and look up at the sky. I think about Aunt Margie and New Jersey. I sigh and wonder what I'm going to do in boring New Jersey. And for the rest of the day I just lie in the grass and think until the twinkling stars come out.