Never Knew//Jaehyun(Part 2)

Bottom footnote is very very important!

-

You entered the halls of school with a defeated look on your face. You were still sad over the incident with your 'ex' but there was nothing you could do about it anymore. Jaehyun was there to comfort you, at least.

You smiled softly as he came into your mind. Your fists, clenched around your backpack straps, loosened as your shoulders came up and pulled your arms close to you. An arm wrapped around you suddenly and you widened your eyes, finding that arm to be Jaehyun's. Shoulders relaxed, he gave you a smile and you couldn't help but smile back.

Your hand found its way inching towards his and eventually resting itself on it. Jaehyun stiffened in surprise, not expecting the sudden contact. He'd wanted to day something but he wanted to give you time to heal, too. He cleared his mind from trying to make any moves until then.

-

"Hey Jaehyun! What about this one?" You held up a shirt you liked against your torso. It's been about a week since the break up and you had calmed down emotionally by then. Jaehyun took you shopping because he knew you wanted a certain pair of Doc Martins but you ended up dragging him to every store you thought looked interesting.

"I've told you a million times Y/n, you look great in everything!" Jaehyun smiled, he was a bit tired but he wanted to stay strong for you. He knew he didn't need to do that, you were pretty stable and you were pretty happy and contented with how your life was at that moment but... he just wanted to spend time with you.

"Eh, I bought enough today. These stores are too expensive anyways." You swiftly put the top back on the rack and you turned to Jaehyun. "You wanna go home?" You asked and Jaehyun nodded, sighing in relief. "Oh wait!" You both had just stepped out of the mall when you remembered something.

"Did you forget something?" Jaehyun asked you confused when you took his arm and started walking swiftly to the food court section. Jaehyun and you both had a light blush at the contact, not making eye contact.

"Well... one day you suggested going out for ice cream right before that douchebag dragged me away from you. I feel bad not going so now here we are! My treat." You explained as you finally reached the court and you both set your stuff down.

"Y/n, you really don't have to-" Jaehyun started, touched that you remembered the incident. "Yes I do, Jaehyun. Think of this as a form of apology for brushing you off since I got together with that jerk." You gave him a big smile and you disappeared to order your ice cream.

"I'll have a strawberry cheesecake and a green tea. Both medium and in a cup, please." You scanned the flavors to double check and you handed the cashier some money.

You bowed and thanked him as you grabbed two spoons and a few napkins before heading back to your table.

"Im back~" You sang as you reached your table, handing Jaehyun his ice cream.

He looked a little glum and you tilted your head in confusion.

"Woojae? What's wrong?" You asked, using his real name. You snuck your hand to his and he squeezed it gently.

"Y/n..." He started, trailing off without making eye contact. You hummed in response, signaling for him to go on.

"This might seem weird and abrupt, but... Y/n..." You widened your eyes in anticipation and curiousity. "I think I love you."

Your grip on his hand loosened, and you widened your eyes in shock.

"W-what? You can't possibly, I mean, you know how weird I am." You giggle nervously. You'd liked Jaehyun but he was a childhood friend, you can't develop feelings for him now, can you?

"Jaehyun... let's talk this out."

-

A/n: I'd realized how long I've plotted this story, and it's to the point it could possibly be a short story so I won't be updating Never Knew on my imagine book anymore. I'll be updating it on a story on my account so please look out for it if you're interested! It'll be out in a while, with me extending the chapters and keeping the quality in check, also with the book cover its gonna be a very busy few weeks so please bear with me~