1 | Rise of a Legend

Danaë held her newborn child lovingly in her arms, standing in the center of the bronze room that her father had trapped her in. She watched in amusement as the baby looked around the room, taking in as much details as it could, his bright blue eyes glinting like the morning sky.

The room was bare, for it only had one bed covered with silken sheets and a basin filled with water for cleaning.

The only light provided was from a single skylight that shone directly above her.

It was from this exact skylight where her son's father heard her prayers and visited her in a golden shower.

She knew her son would be destined for greatness, for sons of Zeus have always been.

Now he would just need a name--a name that future generations would say in awe and countless heroes after her son would try to strive to be like him.

A name to fit a legend.

But what should she choose?

As she pondered this, she didn't notice the silver shower that fell gently through the skylight.

And she definitely did not notice when the silver rain shimmered and disappeared.

Unbeknownst to her, the goddess of the moon was watching her intently.

Artemis knew this child would have a hard life, given the prophecy her brother's oracle foretold.

And she didn't want to help a male, even if it were a newborn which fell in her domain of childbirth.

But she promised her brother and she never broke a promise.

Especially if it was his dying wish.

She crept to the mother and child invisibly, her brain told her to leave and return for Olympus, but her heart told a different story.

Her lips tickled Danaë's ear as she whispered a single word.

Or rather a name.

She backed away slowly from the mother as Danaë's lips curved up in joyful smile.

Artemis left in a much simpler manner then the way she entered, simply disappearing from the bronze room and returning to her temple on Olympus.

She was gone before seeing the mother kiss her son lovingly and hold him even tighter.

"Your name is Perseus," she whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update is here on Gaea's Day!!!

Dedicated to @Anaklusmos14 because this story gained inspiration from God of Night before he originally discontinued it and we hope he finishes it this time:P

Vote, comment and follow!!!

See ya next time:D

-PixelUp and Lucy