XXVII

[ P A I G E 27 ]

"What the fuck did you say to my kid, Mykel?"

"I didn't say anything to her Xylon! This must have all been your idea! You wanted her so badly? You should've been a man and come to get her to tell her the truth your damn self!"

Despite how sweet and heartwarming the letter from Deysany was, both Xylon and Akira came to realize that the messages that were between the lines were actually quite alarming.

Particularly for Xylon, the very last one.

As he had yet to admit who he truly was to her, this meant someone else had already done so.

Having already been on edge as motions were beginning to be put in place in regards to potentially breaking his case, this was yet another load on his shoulders.

"How else would she fucking know I'm her father?! And what the hell is you talking about? Why would I do anything to jeopardize our relationship when I'm not even in the fucking country?!"

"So that's what you did? Had her picked up so he could bring her to wherever the hell you are?!"

Xylon quickly sat up, swinging his legs off of the bed and turning his face up towards the phone.

"Picked up by who?! I don't even fuck with anyone that's in Boston right now to have even sent someone anywhere near her! Who the fuck you let touch my kid?! Was it that nigga Myles?! Is that who told her? "

"No, it wasn't Myles! That was Desiree's ex, and you know that. Why would I allow my niece to go with him? I'm not even sure if he knew!"

"Well obviously, yo' dumb ass let SOMEBODY remove her from yo' custody! He the only mothafucka' I can think of that is worried about her as far as I know! So, Mykel, who the fuck was it?! Where's my fucking kid and who told her?!"

"Why don't you ask Bryan?! Yes, Bryan Otero, YOUR uncle! The one who came by here sporting his damn authority badge, waving it in my niece's face, convincing her that she needed to go with him as if I wasn't her family too! Do you know how that makes me feel? He took her from me!"

"At this pernt, fuck yo' feelings! You know damn well that nigga don't fuck with me and you still let him take my kid!"

Xylon exclaimed, slamming his fist against the nightstand, staring at nothing in particular, attempting to regulate his breathing.

"I don't know how I let this happen, Xylon. I swear I don't. If I had just known--"

"I'm letting you know right now if ANYTHING happen to my daughter that's yo' ass! Deysany is in YO' custody. How dare you let some motherfucka' come and remove her from yo' house. I don't give a fuck who he is to me or her. What that nigga got on you, huh? You fucking him? "