The Beauty Of Rose: A Walking Dead Fan Fiction

Chapter 4
Perfection into fear

Suddenly the figure darted at Rose. She reached for her knife it wouldn't come out of her holster. "Help!" Rose screamed. The walker came at Rose and she dodged it slipping on the water and hitting her head on the floor just as someone came running in.

********************
Rose fluttered her eyes open as Carl dabbed her head with a wet rag. "We have to stop meeting like this," he laughed.

"Yeah we do," Rose slowly pushed herself up.

"Hey can I ask you something." Rose whispered. Carl nodded. Rose placed her hand on Carls head. She pulled him into her and kissed him. This had been Roses first kiss. She had waited her whole life to experience what it would be like and she really wasn't that surprised by it. But Carl seemed surprised at first but then relaxed.

"I like you," she whispered. "Now can I have some food," she asked. Carls face turned red as he walked away. Rose patiently waited for a small serving of food. Suddenly her curtain opened and it was Hershel, "Hi sir," Rose said

"you have a concussion Rose, so no sleeping." he said. Rose knew who she wanted to watch over her.

"Can Carl and Rick both check in on me every now and then?" Rose smiled. "Alright, Carl will watch you for awhile," Hershel pushed him self up on to his mechanical leg.

"I will check on you in awhile," Hershel said humbly. Carl came in Roses room a few minutes later.

"No sleep huh," He said. Rose nodded her head. "Well we should play cards now," Carl pulled the deck out from under the bed. Rose smiled brightly as Carl dealt the cards.Carl smiled as he said that and looked back at Rose.

"Carl! You so cheated there is no way you could have all the aces!" Roselyn yelled. "I'm just really lucky I guess," Carl smirked back.

"What's going on in here?" Roses curtain got pushed farther back. To reveal Rick holding baby Judith.

"Your son is cheating is what's going on!" Rose giggled.

"Carl have you been cheating?" Rick looked at Carl with the glare dads use when they want the truth.

"Ok so maybe I keep one of the aces but it's not that bad." Carl half smiled.

"I just lost my candy because of it!" Rose hollered

"Alright alright well Carl Your shift is over go get some sleep, I am going to put Judith down for a nap then I'll be back to watch you Rose," Rick politely interrupted the twos banter. He walked away carrying Judith.

"See you in the morning Rose," Carl kissed Roses cheek then walked out.
*************************
"Rose, how are you feeling?" Daryl asked handing her a bowl of fruit.

"Better Daryl, a lot better I can't believe it's already wintertime, too bad It hasn't snowed yet," Rose hugged Daryl then sighed. Rose ate the fruit then walked off. She bumped into Carl.

"Oh hey Carl how are you?" She asked.

"Fine just going to check the crops," he replied Rose grabbed his hand.

"I'll come with you," Together they walked to the crops. Together they swung their hands and walked in the field.

"It's soo cold out," Rose said.

"Good thing dad got us new clothes on his last run," Carl nodded. Rose wore a grey sweater with a leather jacket and a pair of plain jeans. Carl picked up some snap peas. "Here," Carl said. He handed her one and she snapped it open.

"These are really good" She responded. Suddenly small sparkly white snowflakes rained from the sky.

"Look snow," Rose held out her hand. The snow covered the ground catching in her hair. She turned and flashed a smile towards Carl. He's eyes sparkled.

"You look pretty," He whispered in a hushed tone. Rose smiled and leaned close to him, "Let's build a snowman," Rose grabbed a handful of snow and made a snowball. Carl begin to help and soon they had a snow man.

"Think Daryl will give us a carrot?" Rose smiled. "HEY DARYL CAN WE HAVE A CARROT!" She yelled waving her arms. He nodded and Rose ran to him. "Thanks," Rose hugged Daryl. She motioned for him to lean in close. "Your better than my step dad was," She murmured.

"Really," Daryl stated. Rose nodded then ran back to Carl. Suddenly she slipped forward and Carl caught her. She looked up at him and blushed. Carl released her arms.

"Sorry," Carl looked down.

"Fine, it's fine."Rose leaned into Carl and wrapped her arms around him.

"I'm cold hold me please?" She asked. Slowly Carl wrapped his arms around her. Rose looked up at him her eyes glittering more as snowflakes caught on her eyelashes. She pushed herself up to his level and kissed him. Carl had a look of surprise on his face then the relaxed look. He always looked so surprised that made him even cuter Rose thought. Slowly there lips parted. " I think I'm falling for you," Rose spoke softly into Carls ear. She released him and threw snow at him. "See you later lover boy!" She shouted running off. It took Carl a moment but he was soon chasing after the fiery haired girl.
*************************
"Rose!" Carl yelled. She spun around as he yelled.

"Yeah?" She answered. "Come here," He motioned for her to come to him. She skipped to see what he wanted.

"So I was wondering if maybe you wanted to go have dinner with me and my dad instead of all the little kids or by yourself?" His face was a little red as he spoke.

"OF COURSE! I have been waiting for you to ask me lover boy," Rose flirtatiously replied.

"Great, I'm going to go tell dad," Carl walked away and smiled.

"Omfg I need to change and make up and.... Omg I need to get ready." Rose ran off to her cell. When the outbreak happen Rose was at a birthday party for her mom. She wore a teal colored dress and had her hair up in a messy bun. Rose decided to recreate that day, because that was the one time she genuinely felt pretty that was before she of course met Carl. As soon as she was done getting dressed she ran into Daryl.

"Mr.Dixon how are you?" Rose asked him smiling.

"Good and you?" Daryl answered slowly. "Perfect today is perfect so I feel perfect!" Rose answered.

"Well I am going to go see Carol so see you soon Cherokee Rose," Daryl walked away towards the dinning area. Cherokee Rose she thought like the flower cute. "Lilly?" Rose placed her hand on a girl around her ages shoulder. The girl turned.

"Rose," she held her hands up they were covered in blood. "Lilly what happened?" Her voice spoke in a nervous tone.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So far this is my favorite part I love the snow and it makes me smile because of Roselyn and Carls relation ship~ Moxiey Trance