I want you to be happy

THIRD YEAR

"What's all this?"

There was a plate stacked with pancakes which was topped with whipped cream and berries. Darius sat on the chair next to it, sipping coffee.

"Thought I could make your morning easier," he said brightly.

"You didn't have to do this," I told him as I sat down.

"I know. I wanted to. Anyways, tell me what you think," he urged excitedly.

I took a bite. "It's delicious! I didn't know you're a great cook!"

"Thanks," he reddened, "I just didn't know what you would think of it. I mean, most guys normally don't cook."

"No! It's great!" I assured him. "That just means that we can cook together now! My mum gave lots of great recipes."

"I look forward to that." His smile softened when he said that.

* * * * *

"Are you crying already?" he asked, looking at me for confirmation.

"Shut up. This is just getting really emotional, okay?" I said while wiping my tears.

He laughed lightly, turning to face the screen right as the movie couple reunited. And then the screen went black.

"Oh my God. I need more tissues." I wiped my tears furiously, reaching for the tissue box.

"Don't worry. This next movie is a comedy." He held up a DVD case titled "50 First Dates?"

"What does that mean? There can't be 50 firsts."

"You'll have to watch to find out what it means," he singsonged, taking out the CD from its case.

"Hmm. Might as well." We've been on a movie marathon so why stop now?

"That's the spirit!" He jumped off of the couch to put the CD in the CD player.

* * * * *

"I have brought energisers!" Darius plopped a purple sachet in front of me.

"Candy again? I mean, as much as I love candy, I think that even I have to admit that you, sir," I pointed to him, "are trying to give me diabetes."

"One, this isn't candy; it's brownies. Two, that might happen. But you are the one who decided to eat."

He's right. I've already started eating a brownie. Nonetheless, I rolled my eyes before going back to reading my book.

Except... "Why are you staring at me?"

"Are you not going to offer me any?"

"Diabetes."

"Still made you happy." He reached for a brownie.

"Still sugary."

"Still have a sweet tooth."

"Fine. You can have one."

He took a big bite out of the brownie in his hand. "I knew you'd give in."

"You're lucky I can't say no to you."