Chapter 22

It's almost dinner time and Olive still hasn't let go of me. She still has the rope tied around her and I'm still in my ripped dress, her grip still as tight. I could feel her eyes have not yet opened since I caught her. I don't blame her, even if she's almost late 20s she's still human and she needed her time. We're inside our home now in her room for safety and privacy. She's gripping my waist barring her head at my side and I'm facing the wall holding her. We have lots of silence to calm her down, but words of comfort to tell her she's safe as she cries. It was very hard to see her like that, the way I grabbed her and her gripping for dear life and knowing she almost lost herself and we almost lost her. This was something I wished my mom did to me when the worst occurred, but she only drank her sorrows away. As time went on I would sing to her, to be a gentle and calm soul to her. I would sing a song to her, a song my mother once sang to me when I was scared. "Don't cry dear one, Time will heal the pain a wayyyyy, don't cry dear one, time will guaranteed a softer placeeeee. Don't cry dear one, time will part the dark from weeee, far from the emptiness and far from the heartless. Don't cry, don't cry, just smile with pride. The darkness is all over, alll ooovveerr." I sang many times until Olive knew the song and sang with me. I could feel her body shake on me because of the winter coldness I was giving her of my body. We both sang in harmony when Miss Peregrine walked in and told us to eat and go to bed. Everyone was a sleep by than and it was only us up in our day clothes as Miss Peregrine was in her nightwear. Olive stated she wasn't hungry and wanted to just go to sleep, I agreed with her and sent her to bed. I shut her door quietly not trying to wake Bronwlyn up as I exited. I turned slowly to run into nothing, well a naked Millard. "Oh Millard, um you frightened me." I stuttered, "Oh my apologies Miss, how's Olive?"
"She's doing well, she stopped crying."
"That's well, she was terrible frightened today, as for the rest of us as well."
"Me to, it was a great worry to be the one to save her, I was scared for the both of us." I said giving a small chuckle. "I see, well you and her were quite brave."
"Thank you, that's the most brave I've even been in my life actually."
"How about the time you left home? You weren't feeling quite brave?"
"No I felt..... awful worried and stupid."
"How so?"
"Well I wasn't to know where I'd go, where'd I get money, and a place to sleep."
"But you did."
"Well I wasn't me who did any of that though."
"You're right, it were your lovely wings, they caught much attention."
"Yeah right." I chucked again. There was a long pass, as if he was planning to say something, but never did.
"I admire your company very much, Millard." I said breaking the silence. "To you as well, see you tomorrow Onie."
"See you tomorrow." I smiled and than walked to my foresty room and saw the darkness.

I woke up to small grip around me of some sort. It was a hand, an arm, an Olive. She was in my bed with me, it seems she got frighten again and now she was sleeping on her side in my bed turned facing me. It was then that I realized how wanted and loved I was. By Olive, by Miss Peregrine, by a family. I only smiled and leaned to give Olive a kiss on the forehead. I saw as I pulled away her eyes fluttered open. "Good morning Olive. How are you this morning?" I asked. There was a long pause of her trying to make words once more. "I am better, but not fully healed." She stated slowly and faintly. "I am here Olive there is no need to fright or worry. " I said getting up to forget that I share a room with Fiona and that she was still sleeping. "If you must go back to sleep you can, I'm going to start my day." I whispered and reach for my dresser handle to grad a light grey dress with a black headband and belt to match (she doesn't wear shoes since she flys). I didn't get a response from Olive, but I knew she was going back to sleep. After I got changed and used the rest room I went outside. It was quite beautiful, the trees, the leafs, the garden everything was a dream, a fantasy. I was stopped when I heard a voice, "What are you doing up so early newbie?" I look around to no one, not Millard, but it wasn't his voice, but Victor's-a no where to be found Victor- "Up here Onie!" She shouted once more and I look up to see a very small Victor in a big tree. It was the tree Fiona created to help Olive yesterday. "What are you doing up there!" I yelled back dumbfounded. "Enjoying the view of course what else." He said screaming as loud as he could.
"You know your going to be in trouble with the bird!"
"Not if she doesn't find got!"
"But she'll hear you!"
"Than maybe you should grow your wings and join me!"
"I can climb it!"
"But your peculiarity is better and worth the show!" He yelled, I saw scared once more to try to control my own ability. I guess i should just start practicing now. I stretched, pushed, and pulled to hear my dress ripping and my wings growing. Good job Onie, your getting the hang of this! I thought to myself for support. I flew to the top after I bounced here and there off of branches to get my balance in control. Good job Onie, I thought once more. "See I told you it was worth the show." Victor laughed to me as I got to the top covered in tree grim. "How's your stay been so far? How long as it been a month?" He asked pulling small twigs and leafs from my hair and headband. "It's been almost two months, and it's been rather lovely. I've gotten to be friends with almost every except for Enoch, I don't think he likes me very well." I sadly said. "He's like that with everybody, he's likes to be isolate himself from others don't take it personal". Victor said eyeing the view like a snack. "You must love sunrises?" I asked dumbingly. "Of course, and the best part is is that I get to watch it every morning and to have no worries inside the loop, miss peregrine has a useful peculiarity." He said smiling of the best to come with his ageless life. "Indeed." I responded. There was a long time with just us looking at the sunrise. It was beautifully colored with a red and blue making a very light purple and of course yellow and orange starting to fade in. "Do you like your peculiarity?" I asked breaking the silence. "Sometimes it comes in handy, but I always wish to have other useful traits." He responded quietly. "Why I wish I had your peculiarity." I said laughing to myself thinking of the thought of him being 'not useful' "Why is that? You can't control anything. You can't even hug something without hurting them." He said with a slight painful voice. "Well yeah there will be bad traits to actions, but overall it's incredibly amazing ability. I mean you can hold 15 grown men. I don't know anyone in the world who can do that so easily. You should not be so hard on yourself." I told him as if I was talking to myself for a pep talk. "You're peculiarity is absolute ground break." I said setting my hand on his shoulder. Within seconds I caught him staring at me. I had this memory before, as if it had happened, but to a different person, someone I had loved ever so. His age and his eyes that made me think of my brother. He was confused and frustrated as was I. "We should get down before the bird finds us." He said as if finding an excuse to get ahold of himself. "Agreed Victor."
"Race you to the bottom" Victor stated jumping off one of the branches falling from the tree. I gasped, who was crazy enough to jump off something this high. "Victor!" I shouted jumping and springing off after him. He's a lunatic!!! I finally reached him within 5 seconds and went to grad him shoulders to give a supportive landing, but Victor weighted at least as heavy as a boulder. (His and his sister peculiarity of strength gives them the reason of abnormal heavy weight) I tired flying up, but failed. We were both falling and I couldnt save either of us. We both hit the ground in unison landing the hard gravel following with a huge crash. I tried to get my vision clearly from the impact as I tired pushing myself up with my arms, but couldn't. I looked to see if Victor or VictorS were okay. I was seeing many trees and three houses too. Then I looked at the VictorS again and saw three hands. I grabbed the middle one and got pulled up sending myself in the air and crashing on my feet. My vision cleared up from that startling impact. I now saw only one Victor. "I won." Victor smirked and left to go eat breakfast.