Prologue

Words:-1264.

Song:- birdy strange birds

Hermione's P.O.V

Images of the war still flashed in my mind, it's been a month since the war and yet it feels like just yesterday.

Just yesterday that we came face to face with evil.

Just yesterday that both good people and bad people lost their lives.

Just yesterday that we lost Fred, even if it was just for a moment.

Yet since that moment he hasn't been the same, he seems more hidden; more...dark.

I was drawn out of my thoughts when a knock came from my door making me frown, I lost everything and the war coming around the time I made up a lie made it easy.

No one knows where I lived so who the hell was at my door.

I got out of the bath and put my dressing gown on before walking to my front door.

I leant on it to try and listen but I heard nothing "h-hello"

"Mione" I pained voice rang through the other end making me pull the door open.

"Fred?" I was shocked to see the state he was in, bruised and bloody.

I gripped his arm and pulled him in before closing the door.

"W-what happened to you?" I panicked yet all he did was stare at me before straightening up and right in front of my eyes all the cuts and bruises disappeared.

My eyes widen and my mouth falls open.

"Nothing as far as I know, why did something happen you haven't told me about?" His voice sent chills down my spine.

I couldn't hold back anymore, anger burned in me and before I knew it. It was to late.

He head moved to the side on impact when my hand hit him across the face.

You see after the war, after he dead and then came back; that night when everyone finally slept he left.

Without a word.

He slowly turns to look at me as I brought my hand into my chest, I tried to blink the tears away but they kept coming and sooner or later they will full.

"What was-"

"How dare you just leave like that! You have no idea what everyone has been through. What I've been through. You left everyone who loved you and they fell to pieces. They missed you"

"Did you?"

"And on top of that you-what?"

He moved closer to me "did.you.miss.me?"

I stared at him before looking down "more they you deserve" the tears I was holding in finally left my eyes.

I felt a hand under my chin pull my face up, I stared him in the eye and he cocked his head to the side slightly.

"Why are you crying mione?"

"B-because. BECAUSE I WATCHED YIU DIE AND THEN WHEN WE THOUGHT WE HAD YOU BACK YOU LEFT. IT WAS LIKE I LOST YOU ALL OVER AGAIN. DO YIU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT-" my shouting was cut off when he pushed his lips to mine.

His kiss was so passionate it made me feel so warm and loved.

He pulled me closer into his arms before pulling away and resting his forehead against mine.

"I've always wanted to do that, your problem is granger...you talk to much and it just makes you lips look more inviting then usual"

"Fred-" I whispered "-where have you been?"