chapter 5

The secret Oberoi ch 5

It was almost time for the graduation ceremony to start when Omkara and Gauri attempted to sneak into the auditorium without creating any fuss or raising any suspicions. But they knew the second the entered the venue that they'd miscalculated quite badly. The fact that almost everyone was seated and ready for the ceremony, just made sure that they had that much more audience for their entrance together, and that much more gossip flying around as a result.

The hushed sound of whispers sounded magnified inside the auditorium and the murmurs increased in frequency and noise level as Sania Mehta was seen walking towards the duo... one who she'd lorded it over, taunted and tortured for over two years and another, who'd simply dismissed her like she was nothing. A packed auditorium crowd witnessed a short conversation that was heavily one sided, with Sania doing almost all the speaking while Omkara Singh Oberoi and Gauri Sharma just exchanged one look at the end and nodded in unison, before they turned and all three of them went toward the nearest exit of the venue.

As soon as they were outside, Omkara turned to Sania and with his arms folded across his chest, arched an eyebrow in silent question. She'd told Om and Gauri that she had something that they would definitely be interested in seeing and that she would say her piece after she'd showed them whatever it was she had. Smirking silently, Sania just tilted her phone screen toward her audience of two and pressed play.

If she'd expected Om and Gauri to panic and demand that she erase the footage, Sania was sadly setting herself up for disappointment. The duo just exchanged one long look before they turned back to her at the end of the slideshow of pictures that had been shot minutes earlier, documenting their rather more than romantic adventure.

"What do you want?"

For a second, Sania was flummoxed as the question came from Gauri instead of Omkara, as she'd expected. But she too, was a businessman's daughter and had grown up around deal makers and tack sharp brains. Sania knew that these two were trying to wrong foot her and make her commit errors in judgment by tag teaming her and playing the good cop, bad cop routine.

Gauri just arched an irritated eyebrow at her silence while Omkara's expression remained as if chiseled out of stone.

"Let me repeat myself in case you went temporarily deaf and mute... what do you want?"

Sania just smirked smugly and ran a manicured finger down Omkara's chest while moving closer to him until she was almost pushing herself up against his body

"I won't speak with a nobody like you. If you want a deal, I'll only speak to him"

As she spoke, Sania could feel Omkara's already coiled muscles tense up even more. The finger she'd been idly running up and down his chest, made its way up to his cheek where she tapped his stubble in a fake thoughtful manner.

"Oh... so this is not just a little sex on the side... yahaan par to emotional involvement bhi hai! Maine is ladki ko nobody kya bola tum to war ke liye ready ho gaye!... You're an Oberoi. Apni aukaad pehchaano... you could've had anyone you wanted. And you chose this?!"

Sania pointed at Gauri with a disgusted, almost angry expression, making Omkara's hands clench into fists with the effort he was putting into not getting violent on this woman, no matter how much she deserved it. Gauri, on the other hand had reached her limit of how much BS she could take in one day. Her fists clenched at the proprietary way the witch was running her fingers all over Gauri's husband, her breath coming in gasps as she tried to stop herself from clawing Sania Mehta's eyes out. She was Gauri Kumari... no. She was Gauri Omkara Singh Oberoi and she had to act accordingly. An Oberoi couldn't lose their temper in front of a two bit player like Sania here.