Chapter 2: Coffee?

It's been a week since school started. Evie and Izzy work in a popular coffee shop. All the cool kids hang out their. Even Mal and Lonnie have their favorite spot. The rebels though, they wouldn't step in here by force. Or at least Evie and Izzy thought.

It was 4 o'clock and Harry Hook and his gang walked in.

Izzy hoped they wouldn't sit in one of her tables. Luck wasn't on her side. She made her way towards them with a polite smile.

"Coffee?" She asked sweetly.

"Yeah, black." Said jay while playing on his phone.

"I'll have a chocolate donut and a milkshake." Carlos said politely.

"I don't want anything." Harry said looking behind Izzy. Probably at Evie.

"I'll have an ice cream sandwich." Uma said bored. "Try not to spit in our food." Uma said rudely.

Izzy collected their menus and left to get their things. Evie was making a sunday for Audrey. Ben was doing homework while Audrey is trying to bother him. Jane and Gil are talking about the homecoming dance. Izzy goes to Harry's table and gives them their orders.

"Thanks Dizzy." Harry says.

She hasn't heard that nickname in a while. Mostly because he gave it to her.

They where in English class in 7th grade. She sat next to him of course because she has no luck. She hasn't eaten all day so she started feeling dizzy and she told Harry who got up to tell the teacher when he looked back she had fainted. It was a big mess and people panicked but Izzy was okay. After that he always called her Dizzy. She never understood why he continued calling her that even after years since the incident.

Harry went up to the counter to pay. Evie was on the register. Fml was all she could think.

"That'll be $20.08." She said avoiding his eyes. His really pretty eyes. Not that she thinks that. Of course not.

He hands her the money.

"I'll see you in class princess." Harry said winking at her.

Evie almost choked on the gum she was chewing. Harry left Dizzy a 5 dollar tip.

Ben dicided it was best to go to the library to finish his work. Mal had the same thought. They ended up being the only ones beside the librarian in the library. They sit far away from each other but Ben thought Mal was pretty cool despite her saying she hates everyone. He makes an attempt to walk over to her but she gives him the bitch face and he backs down. He tries a couple of times until she finally snaps.

"What?!" She growls.

"What did you get on number 4 for history?"

"1934."

"Thanks."

"Do you hate Harry Hook?" Mal ask casually.

"No. I don't really know him sure we've had classes together since well since he failed first grade twice, but we don't really have beef. He fought Chad but that's between them. Why do you have beef with Evie and Uma?"

"That's for another time."

She stopped talking to him just as quickly as she started. Ben thinks she unique.

He likes Audrey as a friend. She likes him like a lover but he's trying to let her down easy for the last 2 years. Chad likes her so it makes Ben feel terrible. He doesn't know what to do he never really does these days.

///////////////////////////

Izzy is pissed! Her guidance counselor is making her have a zero period! So now she has Algebra 2 zero period and French first period she hates French that's why she didn't want to take it a third year! But her counselor wouldn't allow it. So now she's walking in to school at 6 fucken 30! To get the things she needs to catch up on the week she missed. She goes to algebra 2 and than French. She gets the only set left which luckily for her is in the back. While she does as much work as she can students start walking in. She looks up and sees Harry Hook of all people. She wants to cry sure she has classes with him but Evie is usually their as an unwilling distraction. Now she's alone with him. She hopes he doesn't sit near...he's sitting right next to her. She can feel his body heat! He looks over at her and smiles. Izzy wants to cry!

She use to hate going to Evie's house because he lives right next door and his dad always has sketchy guys over cuz his dad is a biker and all. When they weren't a problem it was Harry and his crew picking on her. As long as he doesn't pick on her or speak to her she thinks she'll be okay.

"Are ya any good at french, Diz?"

"Yeah." Short and simple that's how she wanted to keep it. Diz? What's that about?

"You weren't here last week they mess with your schedule?" He doesn't even look at her. Good that's good for her.

"Yeah I have a zero now." Good job Izzy. Don't say to much but don't be rude either.

///////////////////////////

Fourth period another awkward period for Izzy wood shop with Ben. Who happened to be her partner. He's nice and Chad's friend but Izzy feels weird hanging out with him even if it was for the class.

///////////////////////////

Izzy didn't have a shift today so she made her way to Evie's house. On her way their she sees Harry and his friends walking that way. Izzy knows it's best so stay behind them at a distance so they won't target her. Izzy keeps her head down and stays quiet. Unfortunately Uma happens to glance back and sees Izzy she stops and so do the guys.

"Dizzy!" She growls.

Izzy stops walking and looks up quite frightening.

"Where's Evie?" Carlos asks while eating jerky.

"She has a shift today."

"So than why are you going to her house?" Jay asks confused.

"Because I'm going to wait for her there." Izzy just wants this conversation to end.

"Doesn't her mom hate you?" Uma is starting to get confused.

"She's not home."

"Than how are you getting in?" Carlos is very confused.

"I have a key."

"Don't you think that's a little weird." Uma says a little weirded out.

"You obviously never had a soul sister before." Izzy said hoping she doesn't get punched.

Harry walks towards Izzy slowly like a predator. He pulls out a piece of grass from her hair. He walks away his crew follows him. Izzy needs a nap.

///////////////////////////

Evie heads home after a long terrible day of serving coffee she can go home. She's walking passed Harry's house she sees Uma and Jay making out, friends with benefits are weird. Evie walks to her porch and almost spits out her chocolate. Iz and Harry are having a conversation on Evie's porch. Izzy is wearing Harry's favorite leather jacket to keep her warm. Wtf did Evie just walk into. Izzy looks up and waves at Evie. Evie smiles back.

"You're back! Yay!" Izzy says happily.

Evie just smiles. Harry just stares at her like a weirdo.

Izzy gets up and hands Harry his jacket which he grabs without looking away from Evie.

"It was good seeing you Harry." Izzy says politely.

"Thanks." Evie says passing by Harry.

Evie and Izzy go inside and Harry can't help but smile.