chapter twenty seven

Ethan, Maddi, and Nina talked in the backseat of the taxi while the driver made his way to a mcdonalds. He pulled into a parking lot and waited for Ethan to run inside. Nina and Maddi waited in the car.

     Ethan decided to order two packs of twenty mcnuggets, three large fries, and soft drinks for everyone. He paid, grabbed his order, and went back out to the taxi.

     The vehicle started moving again, now heading to the hospital. When the driver pulled into the parking lot, Nina helped Maddi out of the car. Ethan paid for the ride, and offered the driver a chicken mcnugget. He politely declined, before driving away.

     Maddi grabbed onto Ethan and Nina's hands as they walked inside. They made their way to the second floor, and walked to Grayson's room. However, the room was now unoccupied.

     "Where's Grayson and Sasha Dolan?" Ethan asked the nurse that was in the room.

     "She's in delivery! I'm sorry, Sir. you can't be in here." The nurse walked over, as Ethan and Nina started backing out of the room. She shut the door, and Ethan led the way to the waiting room.

     "We're gonna have to wait for Grayson to come out." He said as he went over to one of the cushion chairs.

     "Can we eat now?" Maddi asked as she sat down beside Ethan. Nina sat down beside maddi and handed her a drink. Ethan had ordered her a small, while the rest were mediums.

Ethan pulled one of the large fries out of the bag, and handed it to Nina. Ethan then set down the bag and tray of drinks before pulling out a box of nuggets. He cracked it open on his lap, and handed one to Maddi. He passed the box to Nina, who took one.

Maddi took small bites of her nugget, while Ethan had already finished two. He scrolled through his phone as the trio waited for any news on the baby.

Eventually, about an hour later, Grayson came into the waiting room. He looked exhausted, and one of his hands was bright red.

Grayson sat down beside Ethan, and grabbed a nugget. Ethan, Nina, and Maddi all stared at him while he ate, and took Ethan's cup from him, taking a sip.

"I have a son." He finally said, a large grin appearing on his face.

Ethan and Nina both aww'd along with a couple of other people in the waiting room that were sitting close by.

"What's a son?" Maddi asked. Grayson and Ethan chuckled at her.

"You have a brother, Mads." Grayson replied. She gasped, and everyone laughed softly at her.

"Can I meet him?" She asked.

"Of course." Grayson stood up from his chair, and handed Ethan his drink back. Ethan packed up all the food into the bag, and stood up. Nina and Maddi followed the brothers around the floor, going down a few different hallways. Eventually, they stopped outside a closed door.

Grayson pushed the door open, and went inside. Ethan set the food and drink trays down on a coffee table that was in the room, surrounded by two chairs.

"Ethan, come here." Grayson said softly. Ethan walked over, and noticed a bundle of blankets in Sasha's hand.

She also looked exhausted. Her hair was plastered to her forehead with sweat, and streaks of tears stained her cheeks.

"Ethan, we want you to meet Thomas Grant Dolan." Sasha told him. Ethan smiled at the sleeping baby, then looked up at his brother.

"We have the same middle name." He said softly. Grayson chuckled, both the boys' eyes glossing over.

"We were gonna name him Ethan, but there can only be one Ethan in our family." Grayson replied.

Ethan scoffed. "Yeah, one's enough." He said before pulling his brother in for a hug. "Thank you, Grayson." He mumbled.

"You're welcome, Brother." Grayson replied as he gently hit Ethan on the back. [a/n: the first time i put brother it was unintentionally similar to damon salvatore but i love reading your comments so im gonna keep doing it lmao]

Ethan pulled away, and grinned at Grayson. "Can I hold him?" He asked, and turned to Sasha.

She nodded, and gently handed Thomas to Ethan. He smiled at the baby, who had woken up. He looked at Ethan, his hand outstretched from his bundle of blankets.

After years of being disconnected, the Dolan brothers were reunited, along with their extended families. Wives, girlfriends, siblings, neices and nephews. The scene in that room in Saint Francis Hospital was pure love, and none of them would want it any other way.

____________

This book makes me cry what the heck. I want it to be a movie tbh

 I want it to be a movie tbh