Prologue (One Year prior to Season 2 of the originals- 2012)

The wind was blowing on my face as I had made my escape from my family, they had all been reconvening in that damned Quarter.  Father had burned the damn place to the ground looking for my younger brother Niklaus, and the boy had no, what is the word? Oh yeah! No damn reality that he was not king. I was glad I had moved to Washington a decade ago, but I had not known about other vampires more importantly that the other vampires were the Clan that my old friend had started. Carlisle as had asked me to come a witness for his grandchild Reneesme a born Vampire Hybrid. It was amazing at what she could do, she did not realize I had powers either until she put her hand on me once more and I showed her something. I am what is known as a Mirror, and the reason I am this way is because I was born to a witch who made me, turned me into one of the Original Vampires. I sighed as I moved through the forest, my long dark hair flying behind me as I smelled something, it wasn't wolf but- shifters? Had I crossed the boundary? No, I hadn't I would have known but something is going on. I made my way to where I could smell the most of the shifters' scents, and I realized what it was. It was coming from the Cullen House, was Jacob there with Nessie? Then I heard a low growl as I turned around and faced a pair of wolves. 

"Leave me be, I am not here to harm you." I said as a man came out with bronze curly hair, he looked at the two wolves in question. 

"Leah! Seth! She is alright, she is an old friend!" They nodded and backed off as he speed over to me. 

"Your the friend of Carlisle's  he said was living here?" 

"Yes, and the must mean you are Edward. Thank you for saving me." I said as he nodded and lead me in the house, and I heard squeals a young woman with short dark brown hair like mine, and eyes that seemed to light up a room. 

"Oh I knew it! She did decide to come to the forest!" With that I heard a familiar voice behind me. 

"Well it has been to long hasn't it old friend?" 

"Carlisle!" I said as I hugged him and I saw Esme his mate as well and turned to hug her. 

"What is she?" The one with a honey blonde look on her face asked as though she didn't realize what I was. 

"She is one of the original vampires." That was a surprise to them as they all had a look of surprise. 

"I might look 21 but I am actually over a 1000 years old.  My family and I are a mixture of Family and Werewolves. My youngest brother is a hybrid with a pattern of violence unfortunately. It was one of the many reasons I left the Quarter and I left Mystic Falls. I was not going to be daggered and put in a box for another century." I said as they all looked at me. 

"Daggered?" One of them asked, he has blonde hair and I could sense he was special because  I was mimicking his powers. 

"Their are 4 special Daggers, made from a metal that will not kill us but put is to sleep. I was put to sleep for 5 decades last time and once I emerged it was the roaring 20s. And I don't think I ever actually forgave me brother, the damned fool." I said as I looked down at my hands, and I had realized I had cut into them. 

"Wait how is-" 

"We are not like you, we are not cold ones. You see we still bleed if you cut our flesh, die, well except for my family all you can do is imprison us in a literal mental hell, and we are unfortunately able to be attacked by magic." I explained as they all had a look on their face, it was one confusion. 

"The history of my family dates back to the era of the viking, in which wolves and vampires began and why a rivalry had started and why our two breeds hate one another, and that is because of Klaus. He wanted power, and I wanted Freedom and guess who got what she wanted?" I said as Carlisle put his hand on my shoulder. 

"Your family holds so much power but you would give it up. I knew your were the same young woman I meets decades ago who enjoyed nothing more than just a good time with friends, the night we meet was at a ball hosted by your family. I only wish Esme had been there, she would have loved the ball it's self. IT was quite a sight, you never feared anything either. So in another question have you chosen a mate?" He asked as I noticed everyone was paired with one another. 

"No I have not, no vampire has ever truly taken my heart. I just feel as though if I do fall in love that will be the end of the person. My brothers and sister have a bit of a problem when anyone of us falls in love. After all Klaus had decided to kill every suitor myself or Rebekah had fallen in love with." I said as Esme looked at me with a look of kindness and  gave me a soft smile. She was kind and I really liked how much she was a kind like this to me. She barely knew me and yet she was willing to see what had happened in my life. 

"So your siblings have never let you truly be happy?" Said the dark haired one that was next to the beautiful girl with honey blonde hair. 

"No they haven't. It has been the way my life has worked for a long time. A thousand years later and I am forced to deal with what they did, and not only that I feel as though my love was the reason they are all dead." I said as tears began to flow from my face, and it was almost impossible for me to keep them from falling. 

"Who are you?" 

"Alexandra Rosemarie Mikealson." I said as Carlisle turned to me. 

"No from now on you are going to be a Cullen. You are a part of our family, and I know you don't see it that way but you are. You have always been like a sister to me, and now I only hope you can give the same wisdom you gave me as you can give my children." Carlisle said as he looked at me and smiled, I put my hand out and smiled as I accepted his offer. 

No longer am I Alexandra Rosemarie Mikealson, but I am Alexandra Rosemarie Cullen.