IV

"Good second morning." He mumbled. He seemed half-awake. "How you... doing?"
I sat up. I felt the blood cool downwards from my head and I had a moment of light-headedness. This was normal. Low blood pressure does that sort of thing. "Just fine," I exhaled sharply. "How are you?" He didn't answer right away, it took him about ten seconds to muster up a reply.
"Fine." His eyes opened a bit more. "Did you know you still snore? I thought you stopped doing that when you were nine."
If you ever wanted to make me embarrassed, point out something I unsubconsiously do. Like snoring, for example. I felt my face redden because I hated my snoring. I was always concerned about it.

"Was I loud?" I turned to him. His eyes were not dialated properly. His expression showed that he was about to sleep again.
"Nah. Real quiet. Pretty cute snore for someone like you." He snickered. I smirked too, because he always seems to find a way to complement me and then critisism.
"Someone like me is to good for neativity." I winked. His eyes shot right open, not expecting me to keep talking.
"Well, I'm positive your snoring is cute for someone like you." After that, he mumbled something  similar to 'Or not.'
"What did you say?" I shuffled closer. He looked at me with the most confused face. "I'm positive your..." the rest was whispered jumble. I shook my head.
"Not that, the thing after."
"Didn't say anything." He whipped his head away. I put my foot down. "Yeah you did, you said 'Or not' or something like that."
He didn't respond. "What do you mean by that? My snoring's not cute? I'm confused."
"No. Not that."
"Then what?" He stared mumbling something again. "Speak up, Rust. I can't hear you even though I'm right here."
He mumbled again, but quickly. His gaze was still focused on the scenery before us. I didn't asnwer. I gave up. We were silent again.

I'm aware I fell asleep a few minutes after that, but I'm not sure the precise amount of time, mostly because I didn't know what the time was at the moment. It was quite nice, too. A sensation came across me of being heavy for a bit. There was no dreaming, but I felt like I was heavy, or floating in space. Fun. This feeling went on for quite a while, but everything that happens during sleep gets all fuzzy and hard to remember.

My eyes whipped open and I was on a couch in a quiet home. No one was home. This wasn't my couch. This wan't my house. I rolled over to look at the wall of this house. I was in Rust's place. Someone was walking by, cracking their knuckles.

"Woah-oh! Someone's awake now," He peered over the couch and we looked at eachother. "Want to go back to the Square?"
"Wha...? But my Splatling..." I stayed lying down, so I could prolong the effect of the blood rush.
"Got it, I left you here and I went to your house and I got your Splatling." He smiled cockily.
"You went to my house...? What about my mom?" He chuckled.
"She thought it was funny that you were sleeping on my couch and I came to get your stuff. No biggie."
"How'd I get here?" His facial expression shifted slightly, into a more shy smile.
"I carried you on my back," He panicked. "You weren't heavy though! I know girls would be embarassed about that." I felt relieved. He was right about me being embarrassed. "Good." I huffed.

Rust held me up and I took a moment to stand to let the blood flow.
"Man, you alright? You haven't paused that long before." Instead of walking away to help me find my Splatling, he stopped and looked at me blankly.
"Really? I feel like it's about the same." I rubbed my forehead, it was not hot, just room temperature. He shrugged, and then he started walking away. Near his front door, the black and teal Splatiling-shaped rolling backpack was leaning agaisnt the wall. His E-Liter 4k Scope and L-3 Nosslenose was bagged up in a similar fashion, but instead of teal, his was orange. It's common for weapon bags to have matchin colours of their respective owner's ink colour. Rust's backpack wasn't a rolling bag though, his was a simple over-the-shoulder bag. It seems uncomfortable. I bent over to pick up the handle of the bag and I tugged on it so it could get longer. It was already tilted so all I did was turn it around so I could walk properly. Rust grabbed it with his hand and slid it up his arm before using his other hand to hoist it up on his back, then he fastened it tightly. "Let's go then." He patted my back, right on the signature.

It was uncommon for Inklings to use chargers, because they're so big and heavy. Only the buffest and most precision-skilled squids could use them. You're either a shooter, or a charger. No inbetweens. Speaking of no inbetweens, I can think of some chargers that aren't -in my opinion- big and heavy. Mini Splatlings, for example. I used them as practice until I was strong enough to carry the Heavy Splatlings. I'm still not strong enough to carry Hydra Splatlings, but I doubt they're allowed to be used during the early stages of the updated Splatoon at the Square. Bamboozlers and Squiffers come to mind too. Squiffers were just released for the new Splatoon, but Bamboozlers seem to be in the works, I hope. I used the Bamboozler Mk II so much, and it was a really unused weapon. Maybe the most ignored. I'm sad that even if they'd brin it back, it won't have the same set. Oh well.

"Do you know when the next bus is coming? I don't think we can walk there again with our weapons." He smirked, and then started laughing.
"Right now!" Through the window across the room displayed a blue and gray bus coming from down the road. "Oh God!" a scriek flew out of my mouth as I put my shoes on half-heartedly and rushed out the door, grasping the handle of my bag. I don't know about Rust, but I was bursting out of his property. In front of his house was a bus stop, so it was common for him to stay inside until the bus comes. Sometime during my running, I saw someone staring straight at me from the back of the bus. Did they know me? Do I know them? Once they realised I was looking at them back, their head whipped around so they face forwards. Thankfully I made it to the stop before the bus passed by, and I was able to stall on the bus long enough for rust to make it on too. We sat together far away from the person who was staring at me, and whenever I tried to peek over from where they were, their face was blocked by a board connected to a post. It was there since it's a fence to seperate the higher up back of the bus from the lower part. I could tell their hair colour was a pale gradient from white to green. Strange. It must be a trend.

"What's wrong, Jade? You seem bothered." Rust's voice disrupted my thoughts and nearly scared me out of my skin.
"Me? I'm fine. Just lost in thought." Which in reality, I was. Just not really. I took a deep inhale and then sighed, fake smiling to Rust. He smiled back, oblivious to the fakery. We broke the staring and I looked outside.

The bus stopped in front of the Square and as usual, most of the people on it got off. The same person watching me got off too, and I could finally get a glimpse of them. They were wearing a mask, which you'd think would be odd, if you were from two years ago. Nowadays people think masks are fashionable and practical. From the looks of it, he was a boy, because of his hair. A ponytail with bangs is a trend for guys. It was a trend for nearly four years but just this year bangs were added. He wore a lime-green hoodie and Neon Sea Slugs. His attire was strange. Trying to hide his face but wearing bright clothes. It's like wearing a reflective jacket and camo pants. In his left hand was a Rockenburg bag. Rockenburg is expensive.

"Ok-ay! Let's get going." Rust's voice was enthusiastic. He sifted the positioning of his bag and walked ahead.