These Girls

AN: I don't own Harry Potter or Saddle Club though I do own Lyra and Carly although I'm not sure I intend to actually introduce her. I might. The song, for those who don't recognize it, is from a show called The Saddle Club. I don't watch it anymore but I do still like the music and it came on my Pandora and, thus, the idea was born! Enjoy.

It was the Yule Ball and everyone seemed to be having a lot of fun. Even Lyra Potter-Black who had been named a fourth champion and was therefore required to open the ball with the other three.

Lyra and Cedric had chosen to create a united front for Hogwarts and had come together. Cedric had looked absolutely blown away when Lyra appeared on the grand staircase leading to the entrance hall. Her best friends, Hermione and Ginny, also both agreed she looked absolutely stunning. She wore a muggle style dark blue and silver ball gown with a sweetheart neckline. From there it had a clear material that made up the sleeveless top part and wrapped up around her throat. It looked absolutely stunning. She had even left her hair down and had woven silver and blue fairy lights through it.

Hermione had been asked by Viktor. Her own dress was muggle style like Lyra's but was periwinkle in color. It was very flowy and had several layers to it. She had wrapped her hair up in an elegant knot and Lyra had put matching fairy lights in her hair.

Ginny was asked by Neville and gifted with a stunning black and silver ball gown by Lyra and Hermione. She had tried to refuse but they wouldn't hear of it. Her hair was curled and was half up, half down with silver fairy lights in it.

The three girls were at a table together while their dates collected drinkings. "We should sing," Lyra suddenly said with a bright smile. Ever since Sirius had done the blood adoption she had learned more of the pureblood ways and used them to her advantage but more importantly she was almost always happy.

Ginny rolled her eyes. "You always think that."

"And I'm always right. Come on." Lyra pulled them towards Professor Snape. He had, in a shocking display, finally come to terms with the fact that not only was Lyra not her father but she was more Slytherin than anyone knew.

It had helped that she had told him where she was almost sorted and had started performing at the academic standard she was actually at. Also known as equal to and sometimes passing Hermione.

Apparently all of that had forced him to realize that, not only was she much more like Lily than James, but more importantly she was very much her own person independent of either one of her parents.

"Professor Snape!" Lyra greeted happily. She grinned up at her recently discovered favorite professor with one of her trademark innocent smiles. The man looked at her and actually seemed to cringe with the knowledge that she wanted something from him.

"Lyra, Miss Weasley, Miss Granger. Are you three young ladies having a good time?" Hermione had to give him credit. He was trying to talk around what she wanted. Not that he knew but, he soon would. Lyra wasn't one to be diverted for long if at all once she had decided something.

Lyra scrunched her nose at the proper pureblood talk. "We are having a blast professor! But we wanna sing. And later I want a dance with you. You look too unhappy in your dark and dank little corner of the hall."

He flat out rolled his eyes at her assessment of his corner. "I'm sure I can arrange that."

Ten minutes later found them on stage with music playing in the background. Hermione was the first one up to sing and as she sang her verse she wrapped an arm around Ginny's shoulders.

Hermione to Ginny
There's this girl
She grew up in a small town
She's the biggest tomboy
You'd ever see around