Without You

AN: Still don't own Harry Potter and I do own Lyra. I do not own Without You either. Though I don't remember who it's by...I was watching Glee so yeah. Speaking of, if you want to know how she's supposed to be sounding In my head, look up the Glee version of this song.

Lyra had been dancing with Cedric for the past hour and, more and more, she was realized that she liked him as much more than a friend. That kiss had made it pretty clear for her but she didn't know how to tell him how she felt.

At least part of that being her absolute sheer terror of being rejected. Especially if that then ruined their friendship. Remembering how she used to sing when she had problems as a little girl (of which there were certainly many), she made a decision.

She pulled away from Cedric. "I'm going to go get a drink really quick." And then she disappeared from his sight into the crowd.

It didn't take her long to relocated Professor Snape. "I need to sing again." She said simply.

He frowned slightly but nodded, leading her to the stage. He started her chosen music up for her before melding into the corner. All she would have to do was send the final command at it.

Lyra gave a small smile at the crowd that had immediately gathered to hear her sing again. She saw Ginny and Hermione and shook her head slightly, indicating she was singing this one alone. Then she caught Cedric's eye. She held his gaze as she spoke into the magic driven microphone that was on the stage.

"This song, guys, is for someone that I've recently realized I have some pretty strong feelings for." She said simply. Then she opened her mouth and began to sing.

I can't win, I can't reign
I will never win this game
Without you, without you
I am lost, I am vain,
I will never be the same
Without you, without you

Cedric's eyes showed some surprise but there was no rejection in their depths and she took her courage from that fact. She finally gave a full smile and got back into her usual excitable manner.

She pointed at Cedric, making it quite clear she was singing directly to him as she took a breath and continued her song.

I won't run, I won't fly
I will never make it by
Without you, without you
I can't rest, I can't fight
All I need is you and I,
Without you, without you

She didn't pause a bit as she belted out the next part.

Oh oh oh!
You! You! You!
Without
You! You! You!
Without you'

Lyra pressed a hand to her chest as she sang the next part in her normal clear, melodious voice. It rang through the hall easily. No one was moving much. Several girls had tears in their eyes and the guys were watching her intently. She didn't notice much of any of that though. Her eyes were firmly glued to Cedric. Everything else was just extra within her tunnel vision.

I can't erase, so I'll take blame
But I can't accept that we're estranged
Without you, without you
I can't quit now, this can't be right
I can't take one more sleepless night
Without you, without you

Lyra took in a small, short breath as she started on the next verse. Tears were gathered in her eyes as she began singing. She hoped desperately that she wouldn't later find this to have been a mistake.

I won't soar, I won't climb
If you're not here, I'm paralyzed
Without you, without you
I can't look, I'm so blind
I lost my heart, I lost my mind
Without you, without you

Lyra gave a somewhat weaker smile before she belted the next part out just like she had the first time the verse had come. Her emotions might be all over the place, but her singing voice was still stellar.

Oh oh oh!
You! You! You!
Without
You! You! You!
Without you

Tears fell down her cheeks as she sang the next part. She closed her eyes for the song ending. She really did not want to see Cedric's rejection. It would hurt far too much.

She held onto the last bit of composure she had as her voice, having paused, filled the hall once again with the last beautiful notes of the song she sang for the man she loved.

I am lost, I am vain,
I will never be the same
Without you, without you
Without you

Lyra felt arms come around her and was shocked. She knew without opening her eyes that the arms belonged to Cedric. He was crushing her into his chest, giving her no chance to say even a single word.

It took a few minutes before he pulled away. He dropped to one knee before her. "You don't have to be without me. Will you be my girlfriend, Lyra Cassiopeia Potter-Black?" He smiled up at her with his usual boyish grin.

The crowd was waiting with baited breath for her response. The girls all ready to squeal and the boys ready to cheer.

"Of course I will." She said through the tears that started to steam down her cheeks in pure happiness.

The crowd burst into applause with the girls squealing and happy jumping. The guys all looked at their dates, clearly amused and cheered.

Hogwarts students were the loudest. They were very supportive of this united Hogwarts front.