2: Plots

**Hey guys! So I've been trying to keep up with this thing over spring break...how am I doing? The next few chapters will be longer, I promise!**

   - Taylor

    I walked to my room in silence, not stomping like I wanted to. It wouldn't do anything but make me look like a child. So I walked to my room with no noise to follow. I could no longer hear their little murmurs in the living room, and for that I was glad. In all honesty, I was ready to slam every single door on the house and make them see how mad I was about this sudden news.

   I stalked into my room and closed the door with little than an auditable click. It was so quiet, I knew they hadn't heard it. It was far from the slam I wanted, but I remember heqring some saying that made me stop as I thought about it. How did it go? Sometimes silence is the loudest cry....

  I sure hoped this cry of silence was enough for my parents to hear. I let out a long exhale and all but flopped on my brown, pink and white lined-pattern on my comforter. I sank into it and crawled up so my cheek was on my firm pillow. Maybe if I close my eyes and open them this year will have been a bad dream.

    I closed my eyes and rolled on my back before I opened them. Nope, nothing had changed. Except I was now looking at my blankly white ceiling instead of my chocolate walls. My room wasn't a time machine or something; it couldn't rewind all my bad luck this year. And it couldn't take back what I had just found out less than five minutes ago. Nope, we were still expecting little Junior and endless days of boring baby item shopping.

   "Why me?" I muttered.

  I was answered with silence and I wanted to scream, as childish as that would be. After my crappy year, I deserved to scream as loud as I could. That might bother little Junior in mom's stomach though, I thought sarcastically. I rolled onto my side so I was facing my nightstand. My eyes rolled up to look at the picture frame with little kidish butterflies around the picture it held.

   The picture was take several years back. In it, the scenery was taken at our summer house during 4th of July, and my mother was crouched beisde little me as I stared at the sparkler that was currently sending sparks in every direction. My mouth was an O shape of glee. My reddish blond hair was in a friz, and my little red and white shirt had the words '4th of July' on it. My mom looked ageless and was smiling at the sparkler with soft pride in her eyes, like I had made it myself. Her hair matched mine without the friz and she looked happy and alight.

   Will she look at little Junior like that instead of me now?

  I hated how as soon as she found out that she was having a baby she instantly went for canceling on our summer vacation.

I scowled at the picture and rolled over and exhaled again. If we weren't going anywhere for summer, I was going to make the best of it on my own. I didn't have to go to the beach to have fun. After all, here in North Carolina, there were endless possibilitys of things that could happen. Maybe I could break the unlucky streak and forget my replacement Junior in my mom's stomach.

   My lips curled up as I stared at the ceiling and began my summer plotting.