Back to Reality

Amir sat back in his bed studying and said to Micheal "Yo Mike you going to your family's this Christmas?"

"Of course why?" Micheal said.

"Cause I got the place to myself." Amir said.

"Amir...this ain't my place but-"

"You right." Amir said interrupting Micheal.

Micheal sighed and said "But speak to your mom man or at least your baby moms."

"Why? They on the same side." Amir said.

"Bruh you gonna regret this." Micheal said.

"I doubt that." Amir said.

"Amir you trying to go to this party? Take your mind off this?" Micheal said.

"Who's gonna be there?" Amir said.

"Howard students, sorority girls and frats." Micheal said.

"Fine. I know I'm gonna pass this sociology test anyway." Amir said shutting his book.

Micheal and Amir leant against a wall with Caroline was playing, in the background people danced and talked amongst themselves. Amir said "You talked me into coming out here and you ain't socializing with nobody."

"You know I'm shy." Micheal said.

Amir laughed "Yeah I know but try to talk to somebody nigga." Amir said. Amir looked around and said "Her in the green talk to her."

"Her why?" Micheal said.

"Never mind man you scared." Amir said.

"I'm shy I ain't scared. Micheal said.

"Wassup Amir."

Amir jerked his head to the source of the voice and saw that it was Duane. "Oh wassup Duane."

"Oh this Micheal." Amir said.

"Good morning. I mean...goodnight, uh hi." Micheal said, walking away.

Duane laughed and said "What's wrong with him?"

"Shy." Amir said.

Micheal hit his head on a wall and said "I'm so awkward."

"Who you here with?" Amir said.

"Myself, some girl invited me she wouldn't listen to me trying to tell her I wasn't interested in her and I ain't have shit else to do." Duane said.

"Hey Duane what's your major?" Amir said, sitting on a couch. Duane sat down next to him and said Business. What's yours?"

"Computer Science and Systems." Amir said.

"You know anything about viruses? I think I have one on my system." Duane said.

"What's your computer doing exactly?" Amir said.

"These tabs keep popping up when I don't want them to, some of my programs don't work and it's really slow." Duane said.

Amir furrowed his brows and thought a minute "Hm...sounds like a worm but I'll have to check it out myself.

"Can you come tomorrow?" Duane said.

"Yeah, I know I can get rid of it." Amir said.