PART V

The library was always one of my favorite places to be. The building was old and musty, but that's what made it the best. The smell of the pages as I flip them, the air that hit my face, the rough feel of the used paper and worn spine. It was my own space, always a good, quiet place to be. I could spend my whole day skimming through every book, occasionally going back to some of my favorite ones.

As I walked back to my normal spot, my face was in a book. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. Just then, before I could look up, I crashed into someone else, the collision bouncing us off of eachother and onto the ground. Both of us had books in our hands that were now on the floor with us. I looked over to see a boy with dirty blonde hair and round specs. His face became flushed when he made eye contact with me.

"I- I am so s-sorry," he muttered as he grabbed his book, stood up, and offered a hand to me.

"It's okay, it's not your fault," I assured him as I grabbed my book. I took his hand with my other one and he kindly helped me up.

"No," he protested. "I should've been paying attention. I was just trying to finish this book before I had to return it and I didn't want to look up."

A small chuckled emitted from his mouth, he sheepishly looked down at where his hands where fiddling with the pages of his book. I looked down and saw the title of the book in his hands. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. I mustered an uncontrollable smile as I lifted my book up to show him. His head slowly came back up. When his eyes met the book in my hand a smile fell upon his face too.

"I think I can understand," I spoke.

"I guess I don't feel too bad now," he confessed. We both stood there for a good second, awkward smiles on our faces.

"I'll put in a good word with the librarian for you, that way you can finish the book," I said.

"That'd be great," he thanked. "I guess I won't be bumping into pretty girls anymore." He smiled cheekily but sweetly, causes my face to flush and turn crimson red.

We would be seeing eachother often after that. We would accidentally bump into eachother and spend the days discussing our favorite books.

A/N: I know this one was very short but I just wanted to publish it. I'll make sure the next part is longer and hopefully I'll have it up really soon. Any sort of feedback is much appreciated!