Chapter Four

New Beginnings

Chapter Four

Aria

How embarassing. I had to stay there on top of Ezra for a few minutes just figure out what was real. Everyone around seemed to disappear around as I got caught in his baby blue eyes. Snap out of it Aria.

"Long time no see," Ezra chuckled, snapping his fingers in my face. I shook my head, and I hastily got up and brushed off. "Happiness" started playing from the speakers and our eyes just lingered on each other's. It all seemed surreal, Ezra being there.I opened my mouth to say something, but the words just came out in gasps.

"Let me explain," Ezra said. I motioned him to the wine table, and grabbed a huge glass of it. Nervously I started chugging it down, ready to question him. My head started pounding, and my eyes started blurring.

"What are you doing here Ezra?" I asked, sipping more wine, hoping I'd faint and get out of this situation.

"Hanna called me and-"

"Hanna, Hanna Marin? Why the hell would she do that?" I started to get figgety.

"She said you were upset, and you know how I hate when you're upset."

"That's hilarious, I don't hear from you for years, and you decide to show up now?" I started fuming, but I didn't mean to. Then suddenly, everything went black.

Ezra

Aria fainted into my arms and I caught her and her eyes opened again. She looked frazzled and looked back around. People didn't seem to care what was happening, they just minded their own business. Aria staggered to stand back up and her big hazel eyes turned back to mine.

"Where am I?" Aria asked, breathing heavily.

"The Rosewood High Reunion," I said nervously. She was very drunk. She collapsed to the floor again laughing hysterically. "Okay Aria, I'm going to drive you home."

"I need more wine Mr. Fitz," Aria struggled to say. I grabbed her hand and she followed helplessly as I brought her outside. She tried biting my hand so she could break free, and slight amounts of blood oozed out of my wrist.

"God damn it Aria," I scowled, wipng away the blood.

"Take me back to the party, I wanna dance all night," Aria giggled making her way toward the door. Okay Aria, you wanna play this the hard way, we'll play it that way. I ran after and lifted her up onto my shoulder going towards my car. Aria kicked and kicked viciously and her knees hit my gut but I remained holding her, and she screamed at the top of her lungs. I struggled to open my car door but after a few minutes, it finally opened and placed Aria inside, and put on her seatbelt. I rushed to the driver's seat and locked all the doors. Aria calmed down, and I turned back around and she fell right asleep. I shook my head and took out my phone and texted all the girls.

Just in case you're wondering, Aria's with me. She needs some fresh air. 

I sighed and thought, what a great reunion. I don't see the girl for years, and in a matter of minutes of seeing her again, she ends up in the back of my car, hopelessly drunk. I looked into my rear mirror, and she looked so peaceful. She was still beautiful, the way her hair waved and brushed against her cheek, how her eyebrows were perfectly formed, the way her eyelashes curled and lips were full. Eyes on the road Ezra.

The thought dawned on me that I didn't know where Aria lived now and I remembered that the cabin I owned was just a few minutes away. So I turned the corner, and played some classic Supertramp and turned into the cabin. I got out and quietly creaked open the door. I gently shook Aria and she woke up startled a shook her head. I grabbed her hand and she couldn't stand up, so I grabbed her by the legs, supported her back with my arms and carried her in. She wasn't heavy at all and looked very light headed. I placed her on the couch, fueled the fireplace and sat down next to her. She got up and smiled.