Prologue

This is all my fault. I wish I never had that stupid vision.

I wish that I had listened to Zatanna and Rocket. Most of all, I wish they were still here.

*A few days ago*

I woke with a gasp. I can't believe what I had just seen. Zatanna and Rocket burst into my room.

"We heard screaming!" yelled Zatanna. Like shouting will make it better. I shook my head.

"I'm fine, it's just..." I tried getting up but I trip over my feet Luckily, Rocket was there to catch me.

"Be careful girl, you better sit down. Don't you to trip out over the situation."

"I swear Raquel, if you make another pun, I will-ˮ

"I know." I whispered. Both of them looked at me strangely.

"Know what?" asked Zatanna.

"I know how to take the Helmet of Fate off of Zatara."

In the morning I explained what had happened in my vision. "We were in the temple where the helmet was first discovered. We walked into the center of the room. Zatanna, you said a spell, then BAM. Zatara was standing right in front of us holding the helmet."

"Was there anything else?" questioned Rocket.

"No, that's all I saw."

"That sounded more like a dream than a vision to me."

"But you have to believe me. Zee, don't you think I'm right?"

Zatanna sighed. "I'm sorry, but Rocky is right. I tried countless times to bring back my father, but nothing worked. I don't want to raise my hopes up again. Besides, why would this time be any different?"

She sounded so defeated. After her father became Dr. Fate to save her from serving as Nabu's host, she tried to bring him back. When the League was controlled by Vandal Savage last December, we came up with a cure and vaccine for the Starro-tech. After we placed it on Dr. Fate Zatanna tried to remove the helmet physically and magically. It didn't work. After that I swore to her that I'll help her get her dad back, and this vision could be the answer, or at least the first step.

"C'mon guys, this could be our only chance to get Zatara back. If this works, not only will Zatara be free, but the next a person needs to put on the helmet, they will have control over their own body and they can decide if they want to keep on the helmet or not without Nabu's influence."

"I don't know. Zatanna, what do you think?" Rocket asked.

It took a minute but she answered. "Fine, we'll try it."

"Yes! I promise you that you won't regret it." I exclaimed.

We spent days preparing for the trip and practicing the spell that will free Zatara. Finally, we arrived at the temple.

When we walked inside and were standing in the room.

"You're sure this will work?" Zatanna questioned.

I assured her. "Positive."

"Okay." She started to cast the spell. "Nommus Retcod Etaf ot em-ˮ

The ground started to shake. This is not how it was supposed to happen! A portal was in front of us instead of Zatara. It's pulling Raquel and Zatanna in it!

"No. No. NO!! STOP! PLEASE!" I cried. It wouldn't stop. Before they were fully pulled in, Raquel said one last thing. "We love you girl and don't you ever forget that!"

Then they were gone. This is all my fault.

*Present*

I need help. I need to get help. I started to fly, exiting the Earth's boundaries until I reached my destination. The Watchtower. I flew in, looking distraught.

"What are you doing here?"

I turned around and saw The Flash walking towards me.

"I can explain-ˮ

"You know that only Team and League members are allowed up here. So, I ask again. What are you doing here?"

He hates me. A lot of people do. There are a few people who care about me and now, because of my idiotic mistakes, two of them are probably dead.

"I need help." I whispered.

"What was that?"

"I NEED HELP!!!!" I cried. I couldn't hold it in anymore. I started to bawl my eyes out. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms around me. I looked up to see that it's Black Canary.

"Shhhh. Everything will be okay."

"No. It won't" I choked out.

"Why?" She asked.

"Because they're gone."

"Who's gone?"

"Zatanna and Rocket. They're gone. And it's all my fault."