7 | news

Luna woke up the next morning lying on Charles' naked chest once again

Luna woke up the next morning lying on Charles' naked chest once again. As much as she loved Charles, she couldn't believe how jealous she got the day before because of Moira. She was one woman so why did she get so territorial over Charles. Charles, however, couldn't complain. He was proud that she cared about him so much and refused to let anyone else get close to him. He understood as he felt the exact same way. He loved her and refused to let anyone get too close, in fear of her slipping away from him.

"Good morning, love." Charles yawned when he realised she was finally awake.

He didn't want to wake her up, considering the day she had yesterday. He knew she found it hard to train the new mutants but she did an amazing job and he didn't regret asking her at all to help.

Luna whined, "I don't want to get up."

Charles chuckled, "I know you don't but President Kennedy is going to make his speech today and I want everyone there. We all have to get up, even if we don't want to."

Luna pouted, "Fine, but only because I love you."

Charles laughed at his soulmates childishness, "I love you too."

Everyone was in front of the TV, listening to President Kennedy deliver his speech on the crisis in Cuba

Everyone was in front of the TV, listening to President Kennedy deliver his speech on the crisis in Cuba. Luna had always hated watching the news, especially when it involved mutants, hence why she refused to watched it when it was on.

"It shall be the policy of this nation to regard any nuclear missiles crossing the embargo line that surrounds Cuba as an attack by the Soviet Union on the United States requiring a full retaliatory response upon the Soviet Union," the President continued.

"That's where we're going to find Shaw, " Erik stated.

"How do you know?" Alex asked.

As if sensing her uneasiness, Charles grabbed her hand, interlocking their fingers while slowly rubbing circles on the back of her hand. She was grateful that he right by her side.

"Two super powers facing off and he wants to start World War III. He won't leave anything to chance," Charles explained uneasy. She could feel how uneasy he felt about the whole situation, not that she could blame him, they all were so she squeezed his hand to ease his anxiety a little and luckily for her, he did visibly relax.

"So much for diplomacy. I suggest you all get a good nights sleep," Erik spoke.

Charles kissed the top of her head before escorting her out of the room. Luna knew after this, everything was going to change. She worried she wouldn't be ready for the change and scared for what lied ahead for them all.

Looks like they are going to Cuba.